Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Same thing happened me (failed payment). Curious to see what comes of your situation.
Checking online my VGC from Gift Card Mall lists a decline with the following:

7/28/2014 Decline Recurring/Installment restriction $0.00 $0.00

It does still show a balance for the full $500

I tried again this morning, show pending on both Evolve and mygiftcardmall. Fingers crossed.

7/29 shows it went through

Last edited by Adirondacker; Jul 29, 2014 at 6:11 am Reason: update
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I also had two payments fail over the weekend, with e755 as the error code when I check the account history. These are OVs.

No sign that the authorization occurred on the OV website.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
I also had two payments fail over the weekend, with e755 as the error code when I check the account history. These are OVs.

No sign that the authorization occurred on the OV website.
My payments failed too with a non-GC debit. It seems to be related to payments being made on a weekend (someone mentioned this earlier in the thread as well). Also rescheduled the payments for today and received confirmation they went through.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by groundhog
Is it Ok to overpay insurance and request refund check?
Each insurer handles that differently. You need to ask your insurance company what happens and who they refund it to.

But first you need to be sure your payment gets to your insurance company. Not all insurance companies work with evolve.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
My payments failed too with a non-GC debit. It seems to be related to payments being made on a weekend (someone mentioned this earlier in the thread as well). Also rescheduled the payments for today and received confirmation they went through.
You already received confirmation they went through from a payment made today? That's quick...mine's still in pending. But this is a good sign.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:44 am

This email is to inform you that your account with this biller at Evolve Money has been suspended due to the volume processed, there is now a 4 payment limit on this account per month. We are unable to allow future payments to this account until August 1, 2014.
Grates on me every time. Isn't there a nicer way to say that? "You've reached your limit of 4 payments this month" or something similar? Do they want us to use them or not?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:08 am

I think as long as its set to charge now, the gift cards work. I guess charge now defaults as long as you input your transaction on a business day and select the earliest availble pay date. $200 staples giftc card worked ok today.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by chaser123
I think as long as its set to charge now, the gift cards work. I guess charge now defaults as long as you input your transaction on a business day and select the earliest availble pay date. $200 staples giftc card worked ok today.
Actually they are trying to charge me an express fee if I select the earliest available date.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by iOverPaid
Of course a lot of people could go to other vendor's individual sites and pay their bills with a CC. But when someone comes along and creates a one-stop shop for 90% of your bills and it works flawlessly for months you start to depend on it.
The moment a bill pay website starts putting restrictions or limits- whether daily or monthly or number of transactions, then it does not encourage its use for ALL payments.

For example, I can directly pay my internet and dish bills with Ink card without any fees. For me, it does not make any sense for me to switch these to Evolve since it limits my ability to pay these bills with my mortgage due date. On the contrary, my water and electricity companies charge me a fee for these to pay by credit card. You can save money using Evolve Money with two day option.

If there is no incentive to save money or give greater value like next day payment for a small fee, interest in newcomer website can fade away quickly since I as a consumer may not see additional benefit over bank checking bill payments.

This is similar to Bluebird payments. You can pay almost anybody using Bluebird. However, due to restrictions,it makes sense to limit its use to only those places where it has superior advantage over other payment methods.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I'm debating getting my feet wet with Evolve. I'm not a "serious" MSer (evidenced by my lack of Ink card). Not sure if it's worthwhile for me at the moment, since I don't have any cards with multipliers at OSS/Grocery stores.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by roki
I'm debating getting my feet wet with Evolve. I'm not a "serious" MSer (evidenced by my lack of Ink card). Not sure if it's worthwhile for me at the moment, since I don't have any cards with multipliers at OSS/Grocery stores.
I use it to pay my water bill and sce power bill, it adds 500 every other month to my ms plus I make extra principle payments to my mortgage.
I just use one vanilla from CVS so its 4.95 per 500, when the freedom has gas bonus I buy they at 7-11 for 5x
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by particlemn
I use it to pay my water bill and sce power bill, it adds 500 every other month to my ms plus I make extra principle payments to my mortgage.
I just use one vanilla from CVS so its 4.95 per 500, when the freedom has gas bonus I buy they at 7-11 for 5x
Hmm, that's a good point. I just pay SCE out of my checking account at the moment. Still, without a drugstore, grocery, OSS bonus card, wonder if it's worth the hassle for me.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hmm, that's a good point. I just pay SCE out of my checking account at the moment. Still, without a drugstore, grocery, OSS bonus card, wonder if it's worth the hassle for me.
I usually just pay a round amount every other month and keep a credit on my account. makes it easier than having to pay the bill every month. I also use the 200 cards from staples/office max when they have a rebate deal, its a nice way to liquidate some of those.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Staples and/or OD/OM have been having rebate deals once a month lately. Makes it work it even without Ink. After the rebate you get a small profit plus you get the points/miles/whatever on your CC of choice.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:41 pm

Unhappy Sunrise VGC no longer supported

Originally Posted by Slaughteredhog
Bought a debit card from the local mall issued by Sunrise Bank. I then tried to unload on evolve money and it was rejected as supposedly not being a debit card.
Originally Posted by spgbus
FYI -- "If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com"
I have a Visa gift card issued by Sunrise as well. Evolve won't allow it, saying it is not recognized as a debit card. I emailed support and was told that "Your card is no longer supported by Evolve Money. ". The first six digits are 454316, if that helps anyone. Perhaps this is worth adding to the wiki? - I don't have the street cred kung-fu permissions myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.