Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
These cards no longer earn fuel points.

TIP:Purchases of $500 or more require manager override. You will hold up the line and risk getting shutdown: Hint: $495 + $4.95 fee = $499.95

As of July 16, 2014, cards are not PINable(again) without registration; calling to activate sends to representative. Before Feb 3 2014 and after ~ Mar 17 2014, a PIN could/can be set for one-time use.

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard can only be used for credit card transactions*, not debit. Debit/PIN requires SSN registration for enhanced use. This is a standard restriction for this type of card.
*ask the cashier to enter a partial payment amount if your transaction exceeds your card's stored value, otherwise your card will seem broke/inactive.

Enhanced use reports...
  • Monthly fee at ~30-day anniversary of registration
  • ReloadIt and Moneypak reloading
    • Do not load over 950 in a day, they will suspend your card
    • VR reloading now seems broken
  • Cashover(cashback) available with debit purchase at some registers
  • ACH Pull does not work

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard is product from The Bancorp Bank.

Until 3/24 you could load with VR. Just like with the PIN working, not working, then working again, keep trying with VR and if you succeed, please report here.
Print Wikipost

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:55 am
jk2

I bought 2 cards before I read that they are not PINable again. Now I'm looking at the best way to liquidate them without SSN registration.

1) Can I use this card to pay Citi over the phone? In the past I always set pin for temp card and it worked.

2) I guess, I can liquidate them via Evolve, right?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:14 am
jmw

Evolve and AP would be ways to drain without a PIN. Yeah, don't buy anymore unless they restore PIN functionality.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
... and still the automated system passes you directly to an operator -- and thus no PIN (unless you fully register).

Oh, and yeah... still no fuel points either, 'the glitch remains fixed'. Thought I'd give it one last shot since it was the new month, and, now I've got zero points.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: ALL :)
If your successfully using the Permanent version of this card, will you please PM me.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:47 am

Bleh.. Univision still not PIN-able.
Has anyone found a new Safeway fuel-point earning card?
I've pretty much tried all the cards I can find and still nothing yet.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
why dont you guys get a permanent one?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by happy9zz
why dont you guys get a permanent one?
The way many people use these (including myself) would get you shut down almost immediately (load and drain).
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
1) Can I use this card to pay Citi over the phone? In the past I always set pin for temp card and it worked.
Good news, paying citi by phone still seems to work. Just did it. ^
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Geez... and I can't even get this damn card to work with Evolve any more... I'm going to have to get rid of this the 'hard way'.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Geez... and I can't even get this damn card to work with Evolve any more... I'm going to have to get rid of this the 'hard way'.
News to me, I just used mine this morning, and I still have another one left. Was your card recently purchased?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:34 am

Are we still getting gas points on the Univision card purchases?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fangtl
News to me, I just used mine this morning, and I still have another one left. Was your card recently purchased?
Yes, a couple of days before I posted.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:27 pm

Since the changeover I have been unable to load my perma-uni with reloadit. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by sybloc
Since the changeover I have been unable to load my perma-uni with reloadit. Anyone else having the same problem?
I was able to load mine Wednesday.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:11 pm

What can I do with this?

Not a newbie to MS here. Still have a working VR source, been through the gamut with MVD, cried over MetaBank/WM severing the detante.

BUT... just bought my first Univision MC (yay small-town Safeway!)

What can I do with this?

First, as a temp, unregistered card. Any options? Or for right now are you forced to permanently register?

Then, registered to an SS. What is the downfall here?
COULD load Reloadits on & dump via WM/BB online, no? Same with Citi payments? MOs at Post Office?

Did I see you can register an unlimited # of cards?

Just looking for recent insight on whether this can be useful (given a CC-capable Reloadit source) or if I should stay away.

Tx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.