Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reloads!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:33 pm

Went to the store talked about a few posts up as being referred to in the blue cash thread. Cashier said cash only when I tried to purchase VR with cc and was not willing to see if it were hard coded.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:20 am

I don't understand why everyone loves VR. I can purchase a VGC for 1 dollar more, and liquidate via MO - or load it to the same reloadable cards that VR was able to be loaded on.

I have access to them via CC, but its only 1x earned on each purchase. Hard to get excited. I suppose if you can get 5%/5x I would understand.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:11 am

Well it's a combination of 5x, lower fees, easy to buy multiples of, and loading at home via computer (just 1 trip instead of 2, especially for those that don't have a conveniently located Walmart).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by aarif1
Well it's a combination of 5x, lower fees, easy to buy multiples of, and loading at home via computer (just 1 trip instead of 2, especially for those that don't have a conveniently located Walmart).
ah, thank you. I suppose since its only 1x for me thats why I get less excited. And I don't use walmart so that part is moot as well.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:38 am

RLits are also good subs for VRs since fees are just the same and some grocery stores still take CCs for them. With OBC, you get 5% CB buying them. They can also be loaded to many cards at one's convinience so no need for Wally/Kate.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
RLits are also good subs for VRs since fees are just the same and some grocery stores still take CCs for them. With OBC, you get 5% CB buying them. They can also be loaded to many cards at one's convinience so no need for Wally/Kate.
Can RLits be loaded to Serve card like the VRs can?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by NCianflone
Yes
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:36 am

Rlit?

Originally Posted by Mamibear
just curious what is RLit?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by NCianflone
Depends on the retailer you purchase the reloadit from. There are 2 types of reloadit, blackhawk and metabank. You don't know until after you purchase it and test loading to find if it works for serve.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by exarkun
Depends on the retailer you purchase the reloadit from. There are 2 types of reloadit, blackhawk and metabank. You don't know until after you purchase it and test loading to find if it works for serve.
Well, since they state on the back which is which (the ones I purchase state "Blackhawk Network"), you can make that distinction prior to purchase. Those who load to serve can illuminate which works.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I've loaded 4 RIs to serve and have had no issue. I haven't checked which they are and had no idea there were 2 different types.

Why would there be 2 different types?

Fwiw the ones I've used are the $500 cards and not the $950 ones
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:32 am

Read this for more information on reloadits:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1298553/

$500 Reloadits I purchased at a local store would NOT load to serve, however they did load to my t-mobile prepaid card.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:48 pm

Just in case i purchase the wrong one can then both be uses with evolve so im not stuck trying to figure out how to liquidate it?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:55 pm

Get the t-mobile card if you want a secondary way, it for sure is loaded by reloadits.

Had no idea I could have been loading my Serve that way though, maybe I'll do that instead.

Does WM still let you use vanilla VGCs for MO? My Kate has been hating me lately so I haven't bothered going to WM since I can drop 1k a day at a grocery store and a FD.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:18 am

Loaded a Blackhawk 20-500 to Serve today. Bought at HV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.