Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reloads!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

https://www.reloadit.com/Partners
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by scottybweyy
Their front page only list some partners. Anyone know where to find a list like MP or RL has?

Edit: Seem I can't find RL's list. Used to be on front page. Any help there is appreciated.

I know about the ML link. RL used to show 17 cards where you could scroll a slideshow at the bottom and see them. VR does not tell you what prepaid cards you can load to.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Ho ho ho, CVS update.

Went back to the first store I was initially verbally denied at and just tried to buy a VR. Different cashier, no problems getting the VR. After checking out, I asked if there was a limit to VR purchases. She thought for a moment and then vaguely recalled they may be capped at $1000- didn't seem like it was a policy that had been drilled through their heads.

I figure I'll ramp up purchases per day gradually until I hit $5k/month or so. I have the old blue amex that'll give me 5% back once I hit $6500 in spending. I've actually used this card for dollar coin purchases without issue, but I think AMEX is going to be more suspicious when handing out big rewards of $5000+/month spending at a pharmacy...if anyone asks, my cancer is back.

Bottom line: A printed statement above the CVS giftcards of a cash only policy for prepaid debit cards is not dispositive of cc acceptance. Appears to be a cashier-implemented refusal, not a register one.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Hi,

Can anyone pls help me on where I can find Vanilla Reload cards in Des Moines? I have visited all 3 CVS and not one has it. They have the "myvanilla debit" which eveyone on this forum is advising to stay away from.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:08 pm

delete

Last edited by calisoldier83; Feb 7, 2014 at 7:12 pm Reason: figured it out
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, exSPG, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by DoctorTacoFace
There's a CVS just north of LAX on Sepulveda that tends to have them in stock and CC purchases are ok. But they are out and have been for a while. No explanation.

LA is dry as a bone at the moment, except at the (many) places where they don't sell them on CC. Hopefully this is not a trend that portends a policy shift...
Thanks. I've yet to find them at that store. But will check it out if I'm in the area soon. Had to settle for $2k PP cards at local CVS tonight. Will have to load them next month unless there is another way around the $4k limit.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Edited: N/m I found a CVS

Last edited by kblagg; Feb 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Bought ONE VR today w/CC

Now I don't know if I should load my Emerald or my BB....

Very nice cashier, told me he would need my DL and a matching CC at gas station convenience store. It was not in my neighborhood and I don't know if I should try it again next week.

This was not a -4, BTW. Tried there first, register prevented the sale.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was not successful in my recent attempt for VR at 7-Eleven, either, but found out I could buy a single $500 PayPal loader. Two did not work.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I buy VRs with a CC to the tune of 5K/week without batting an eye
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
when all hope seems faded away, a glimmer of strength to keep searching
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
when all hope seems faded away, a glimmer of strength to keep searching
+1. nicely played, jb. respectfully suggest loading your bird, go back fo anotha.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:46 am

I'll load my Emerald with this if I can find them in a truck stop this weekend.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: UA
Would you mind share at which gas station? Appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by beyond986
Would you mind share at which gas station? Appreciated.
That's kinda like sayee where ya gold chest ARRRRRRR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.