Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HikerT
Please read the wiki in the other AMEX GC thread (link) before you ask questions in this thread. Also, please DO NOT re-post the wiki from the other thread here. It is counter productive to maintain 2 separate wikis.
Print Wikipost

Delta Shopping 3 miles@$ Amex Gift Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Delta Shopping 3 miles@$ Amex Gift Cards

Check your email! Just received a shopping email (yes it is Cartera) but it is for 3 miles @$ for Delta for Amex Gift Cards. I popped $10K on the Delta card on the business side, so hopefully 40,000 for $8.95 shipping using the fee free purchase code. Will off them via Amazon Payments to avoid the VR fees and there is no rebate, but great miles for $8.95!!!
Now Alaska airlines mall as well.
Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Dec 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, AmEx Plat, DL AmEx Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Wish I had seen this before I ordered some gift cards earlier today!

Also, this offer doesn't look targeted. I never got this email but the Skymiles Shopping still shows it as an offer for 3miles/$ for gift cards.

Last edited by Exvaris; Dec 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:43 pm

Going to be much more than $8.95 if using AP.
If you try to connect 1 amex card to 3 accounts it will get all of them banned.
This isn't that great of a deal..
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:47 pm

With all the denominations available, and no fee codes, you can pretty much get any number of cards you want to correspond to however many AP accounts you have.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
With all the denominations available, and no fee codes, you can pretty much get any number of cards you want to correspond to however many AP accounts you have.
Yes I do recommend that, Just don't be surprised if you don't get miles with fee free code.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:20 am

Wish it was an airline on which you could actually redeem points/miles
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:33 pm

Fine print says 3x on fee only. FWIW, bought a 1K card w/ fee free code 2 days ago. No tracking email. Does not inspire confidence.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Check your email! Just received a shopping email (yes it is Cartera) but it is for 3 miles @$ for Delta for Amex Gift Cards. I popped $10K on the Delta card on the business side, so hopefully 40,000 for $8.95 shipping using the fee free purchase code. Will off them via Amazon Payments to avoid the VR fees and there is no rebate, but great miles for $8.95!!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Fine print says offer is only available for the purchase fee and not in conjunction with any discounts or codes not found on the site soooo
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:38 pm

It says this under the T&C:

Fee Free (No Purchase Charge) promotions related to the American Express Gift Card are intended for user presented with the offer and is not valid on Gift Card purchase made through partner sites. Purchase must be made via the link provided with Fee Free (No Purchase Charge) offer.

Since this looks like an Amex site, does this mean we're going to get bonus points when using fee free codes?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:49 pm

cowboyguy, what T&C are you quoting? Is that from the email with the Delta offer? Or something else?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
cowboyguy, what T&C are you quoting? Is that from the email with the Delta offer? Or something else?
Yes, its from the email received from Delta last night.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
You might have me on the Fee free code, but I see nothing that says the 3x miles are only on the purchase fee and not the gift card amount.

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:47 pm

cowboyguy, I'm confused, did you get the 3 miles per dollar email from Delta? Sounds more like an email for a Fee Free (No Purchase Charge) promotion.

JudyJFLA, not sure what your email said but this is what the portal says:

http://www.skymilesshopping.com/shopping/b____alpha.htm

Hover your mouse over American Express Gift Cards, then click on Store Details. It shows in red print:

Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Only eligible on purchase of American Express Gift Cards and American Express Business Gift Cards. Offer is only valid on the purchase fee. Shipping fees will apply.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Somewhat difficult to find. I'm not any good with HTML so this is the best I can do:

Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:53 pm

I think that means on the value of the gc, but not on the shipping or activation fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.