Official CVS Vanilla Reload policy?

Subscribe
Does anyone have a link to an official CVS policy regarding Vanilla Reload cards? I am looking for both daily $ transaction limit, and policy on accepting credit cards for these purchases.

I had read about the $5,000 limit, but can't find an official policy.

I went to my local CVS today, and was told he limit was $1,000. Additionally, despite a sticker on the cash register that specifically states "Only cash accepted for debit cards; cash or credit cards accepted for other prepaid cards", I was told that they wouldn't accept a credit card "just to be safe" even though the sign said otherwise.
I do not have official policies but I regularly do $5k purchases. Some clerks hesitate but I ask for a manager which usually clears things up. If the manager says $1k limit I do not argue and just go to the next CVS or wait until the next day.
The registers are programmed for $5k/day per ID.
Damnnn. 5K per day. I wish I could buy a $500 at Cvs with my credit card. Every time I try it's always "cash only"...and they look at me funny, like I'm forger or something... it's so discouraging. I just meet spend for bonus sign ups..

Can anybody in the Bay Area share share Cvs that allow you to use credit card to buy VR?
I would have taken the $1k but he wouldn't let me use CC at all despite the sticker plastered on the register
Quote: Damnnn. 5K per day. I wish I could buy a $500 at Cvs with my credit card. Every time I try it's always "cash only"...and they look at me funny, like I'm forger or something... it's so discouraging. I just meet spend for bonus sign ups..

Can anybody in the Bay Area share share Cvs that allow you to use credit card to buy VR?
There are a lot of CVS. Just keep trying. Sometimes same store different shifts works.
Quote: Does anyone have a link to an official CVS policy regarding Vanilla Reload cards? I am looking for both daily $ transaction limit, and policy on accepting credit cards for these purchases.

I had read about the $5,000 limit, but can't find an official policy.

I went to my local CVS today, and was told he limit was $1,000. Additionally, despite a sticker on the cash register that specifically states "Only cash accepted for debit cards; cash or credit cards accepted for other prepaid cards", I was told that they wouldn't accept a credit card "just to be safe" even though the sign said otherwise.
Sometimes arguing with them about what the red sticker or corporate policy says works, most of the time it doesn't. Try a different store. Once you find one that works and become a regular who is known to the employees that work there, it will be smooth sailing. I think the CVS employees who give you trouble just can't imagine a legitimate reason for wanting to buy these cards with credit, and so they assume you must be up to no good.

At my usual CVS there is a piece of paper on a bulletin board behind the register that explains the corporate policy and $5k limit.
no official policy, just some guidance and suggestion to each store in each region, 5000 is the maximum, but each store can decide their limit between 1K-5K
Quote: There are a lot of CVS. Just keep trying. Sometimes same store different shifts works.
Do you ask them if you can pay with credit card or do you proceed as normal and wait till you hear the dreaded it's cash only...?

I often find that they've already rang it up, and now need a void from someone higher up...

if it's cash only, they should tell you before they ring it. I have had cashier tell me... just use your debit card... I just smirk and say no thanks...
Quote: The registers are programmed for $5k/day per ID.
Ditto. Note that MPs at CVS (yellow on back), unlike those at RA (red on back), are cash only here.
Quote: Sometimes arguing with them about what the red sticker or corporate policy says works, most of the time it doesn't. Try a different store. Once you find one that works and become a regular who is known to the employees that work there, it will be smooth sailing. I think the CVS employees who give you trouble just can't imagine a legitimate reason for wanting to buy these cards with credit, and so they assume you must be up to no good.

At my usual CVS there is a piece of paper on a bulletin board behind the register that explains the corporate policy and $5k limit.
While waiting for a family member to finish their Dr apt, I walked into 3 CVs for the 1st time.

#1 didnt want to sell me any with a CC was too scared her words, her fellow employee said just do it.Mgr finally came and said its ca$h only but since she started to do the 1st one (they didnt know I had a few others in hand) to let it go but check his ID, she wanted to scan my iD for 1 @ $500 but I said the transaction already went thru and its not corp policy.

Store 2 only had 2 got them no flack

Store #3 says only the mgr can sell them as each transaction needs a mgr code to be processed, mgr stepped out

Store #4 an oldie for me in and out with 4 and asked if I wanted any more

Each VR purchased with 1 CC so #2 I used 2 CCs and #4 4 CCs

Its getting to be like a slot machine you never know if it will be goose eggs or the jackpot. But I love the reasons they give me why their policy is what it is. Then again I want to use multiple CCs since I dont want it all to be due at the same time and I need them in order to pay my Ex her due w/o her getting to know my bank info if I sent a check My reg Cvs feel bad for me with how my Ex is constantly draining me
I'd think stores can set whatever stricter policy they want.
When they went to $5K policy, one store near me immediately adopted it and I started throwing all of my business to them. Even made friends with manager so he'll order more. At one point, he ran dry so I visited the other and someone had put a sticker on the monitor that said $1K/day. They had seen the memo lifting the limit to $5K, but this stupid post-it note was trumping corporate policy. I finally got the manager to just try $1500 one day and she was like "hmm, it worked". They'll now do $2K for me, but that's it. I have to educate these suckers on their own corp policy.

I just went back to the friendly CVS and begged the manager to never run out and never make me go deal with the PITA store again.
Arguing with cashiers about the limit, telling them that different CVSs do things differently, threatening to complain to a manager or to corporate, telling them that members of a internet forum all buy 5k per day, these are all things that you will sorely regret doing.
Smiling, asking the cashier if they have weekend plans, being polite, these are things that you will never regret doing.
Best thing you can do is be polite, abide by the cashier's stated limits, and try again for what you want the next time you are in the store.
Yes, please do not ruin this by trying to strongarm them. That is exactly the kind of action that raises eyebrows and gets this too much unwanted attention.
We should write google reviews for each location indicating which stores are good and which have dbag managers. Make sure your reviews are cryptic.