Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100
some cashiers are not aware of the POS update. I typically educated them and asked them to try and they found out POS actually allowed it...then they were fine with it.
IME, it ALWAYS depends on the cashier's personality; there are those I can request to try and they would w/o hesitation BUT others who look like they woke up on the wrong side of bed would outright say NO! I don't push it even if I know about the software update based on my experience with other cashiers. As long as I get to buy at least one VGC, I'm fine with it.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mamibear
IME, it ALWAYS depends on the cashier's personality; there are those I can request to try and they would w/o hesitation BUT others who look like they woke up on the wrong side of bed would outright say NO! I don't push it even if I know about the software update based on my experience with other cashiers. As long as I get to buy at least one VGC, I'm fine with it.
usually guys are easy to talk with.... women are tough to deal with especially middle aged female cashiers.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:09 pm

Sunrise Cards

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to pick up 2 Sunrise VGCs for the $25 rebate. Tried to load to my Serve Card at Walmart but was denied twice (Once at Walmart and once at Walmart Neighborhood Marktet). Trying to figure out if my area Walmarts no longer accept sunnies or if there's problem with my Serve card. Regardless, where can one liquidate a Sunrise VGC? I've heard conflicting reports about using Sunnies at the USPO. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by kciflyer
I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday to pick up 2 Sunrise VGCs for the $25 rebate. Tried to load to my Serve Card at Walmart but was denied twice (Once at Walmart and once at Walmart Neighborhood Marktet). Trying to figure out if my area Walmarts no longer accept sunnies or if there's problem with my Serve card. Regardless, where can one liquidate a Sunrise VGC? I've heard conflicting reports about using Sunnies at the USPO. Any suggestions appreciated.
Those have worked at any Walmart when buying 70c MO.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:23 am

I don't see sunrise VGC at my local walmart anymore, there are all green dot VGC, full rack of them. Will those green dot VGC work on the walmart MO purchase? Someone raised this question couple threads back, but do not seem to have a definitive answer. Anyone knows for sure?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by adobe
I don't see sunrise VGC at my local walmart anymore, there are all green dot VGC, full rack of them. Will those green dot VGC work on the walmart MO purchase? Someone raised this question couple threads back, but do not seem to have a definitive answer. Anyone knows for sure?
yes, I used both greendot and sunrise many times.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:17 am

Yesterday, I tried to buy one of the penguin one at a WMNB with 3-card splits. First card auto-drained, second card auto-drained & third card chip. Waited a min for the register to spit a receipt out. Then, something went wrong...very bottom of the receipt said voided. The cashier went to CS desk while the line was getting long...dunno what her title was but I'm guessing a manager of some sort, came to the register, gave me cash for the purchase amount w/o explaining me what happened. So, I asked her what happened. She said that I was charged for the purchase, but something went wrong with the GC. Hummm...ok...I guess first time for everything....I left there.

Long ago at a super WM, I used similar auto-drain cards with 3-card splits. First auto-drained, second auto-drained...then, CSM error....key was turned, and everything went fine.

These are isolated incidents & don't happen all the time splitting with the auto-drain cards (not saying which, but you can easily guess). Something to be aware of.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
end of year thread closure

please continue this discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...rt-2017-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.