Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by digitalpop
Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I've been racking this thread and cannot get a good grasp. Plan to try this myself next week anyway, but figured I'd see if I can get a primer from anyone.

Of course YMMV, but:
Has anyone been able to purchase multiple sunnies in one transaction at Wally? And, on top of that, using AGC and splitting tender? ie, say 6 sunnies, total ~$3k, $2k on one AGC, $1k on another AGC. Any manager overrides or other quirks encountered?
like others said, limit of one VGC sunnies per transaction although you can buy another in separate transaction (YMMV as to limit). IME, they do not allow other grocery items in the same transaction as VGC so each receipt has the sunnies VGC only, which works for me.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo
If you are loading $500 per sunnie, they must each be bought as separate transaction. Why combine them in one transaction anyway? AMEX GCs are "bullet-proof", in that you will never get declined for multiple swipes of the same amount.
Originally Posted by Mamibear
like others said, limit of one VGC sunnies per transaction although you can buy another in separate transaction (YMMV as to limit). IME, they do not allow other grocery items in the same transaction as VGC so each receipt has the sunnies VGC only, which works for me.
Many thanks guys. Struggled to find the notion of one sunnie/transaction in this thread, perhaps I didn't look hard enough. Will share any further trials and tribulations of mine!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by Mamibear
Added to wiki...if anyone cares.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:42 pm

Did anyone have experience in resetting PIN for sunnies? For some reason, one of the cards didn't work with last 4 numbers.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:55 pm

Lost a Sunnie and still have the receipt. Sent in 3wks ago but still no action taken. Initially they said that the card has not been used and I will receive a check in 2 weeks. Forward two weeks no check. Called in and rep always promise to call back but no phone call. Called again and got the we'll call you back bs again.

Appreciate if anyone can share experience on getting this resolved.

tldr: I F'ed up lost Sunnie, looking for advise to recover funds.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by hiyak
Lost a Sunnie and still have the receipt. Sent in 3wks ago but still no action taken. Initially they said that the card has not been used and I will receive a check in 2 weeks. Forward two weeks no check. Called in and rep always promise to call back but no phone call. Called again and got the we'll call you back bs again.

Appreciate if anyone can share experience on getting this resolved.

tldr: I F'ed up lost Sunnie, looking for advise to recover funds.
Contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
They are a govt run entity that makes banks respond FAST and also those orgs trying to delay paying back funds owed! File a claim with them and I bet you will have a fast pay out. Update us on the outcome, please. ^
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:18 am

Anyone having problems loading to BB today? Tried at 7:40 a.m. and again at 11:45. Receive transaction approved msg on my side before cashier's sign flips and says transaction canceled. Tried 3 different cashiers. I checked my VGC balances with Simon and it's all there. And no, I've not loaded any funds yet in August.

Last edited by roneyc; Aug 12, 2015 at 11:27 am
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by roneyc
Anyone having problems loading to BB today? Tried at 7:40 a.m. and again at 11:45. Receive transaction approved msg on my side before cashier's sign flips and says transaction canceled. Tried 3 different cashiers. I checked my balance with Simon and it's all there. And no, I've not loaded any funds yet in August.
No issues loading yesterday in PA; loaded 3 cards in 2 diff WM stores.

Wait til tomorrow; likely a network issue.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:58 pm

Anyone know how often the 2.25% AGC cashback deals come up? I have a $4000 spend I need to do and am trying to figure out if I should wait a bit to see if the cashback deal comes back soon.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone know how often the 2.25% AGC cashback deals come up? I have a $4000 spend I need to do and am trying to figure out if I should wait a bit to see if the cashback deal comes back soon.
Wrong thread. Bookmark this site:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...l-predictions/
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
TCB should be on the 18th.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:20 pm

Awesome. Thanks!

Hoping to unload these at Walmart once I get them.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:09 pm

Contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
They are a govt run entity that makes banks respond FAST and also those orgs trying to delay paying back funds owed! File a claim with them and I bet you will have a fast pay out. Update us on the outcome, please. ^
Thanks for the suggestion!

Update:
Decide to reach out the to their rep on twitter before CFPB and it worked! Got a phone call couple hours after DM my contact. Rep was local, got a check in the mail in about 10 days with fees refunded.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:33 am
Suspended

New Walmart just built: Tips, tricks, and thoughts

‘Morning!
So about a mile from my lavish community they built a new Walmart. It took WM 12 YEARS (not a typo, 12 years) to get approval but it’s finally done. Today was grand opening day. I got my 2k of Simon, 6 $100 OfficeMax cards, 3k in AMEX GC, and dragged my butt down there for the 7:30 AM grand opening. Lots of people in cheap suits, congratulations (I guess for screwing surrounding property values and their “300 new jobs”) were in the air, and although I was expecting a goodie bag for the first people who entered, or.. just something nice to say “hello” to the 65+ seniors who got up as early as I did. Needless to say, this is Walmart we are talking about and we got nothing except a nasty piece of cake.

Anyhow.. Rant aside.. I get my butt into the store and go to the CS area to look for my beloved Kate thinking Virgin Kate will be stocked with plenty of MO paper and have a working card reader. My love affair was quickly over as Kate was nowhere to be found and a cheap, flashy ATM stood instead. I then started looking for the Money Center thinking I should get my introductions out early.. “Look, I have a lot of credit card debt and my crappy bank will only let me do $500 swipes.. Can I just prefill the MTN form and bring it in next time so that way we don’t have to go all through this?” but one was nowhere to be found. You can only imagine the amount of heartbreak in the air.

I still had 3k in AMEX GC with me. Figured I’ll grab 3 $500 Sunnies and deal with them later. Spotted a cashier who was training at another local WM and was pretty chill with me so I grabbed the cards and headed over there. She decided to do them individually (good..) and rang up the first one. I slid my 2k AGC through and it gave a “Credit not allowed” error. I figured they probably just blocked AGC (the new trend, it seems) and tried to use my OBC (I decided to see if it’ll code as grocery) and got the same error. She then was like “Oh yeah, at the meeting they said we’re cash/debit only on these now”. I decided not to abort the transaction since all the upper-echelon people in the cheap suits were there and I didn’t want to leave a bad impression. Ended up paying with my actual debit card.

The receipt shows the two failed swipes as code “Payment Declined – Reason F7”.

Tl;dr new Walmartii are extremely anti-MS and Walmart is really not generous to their clientele.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:13 am

A few WMs in my area are hard coded for cash/debit for sunnies

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.