Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by fletchbo
Right, every WM I have been to has a $500 CC limit to buy Sunnies PER TRANSACTION. So, if you need more than one $500 GC, purchase each card separately. The cashiers at my WM seem to know this and do not mind to do separate transactions.
Some cashiers send me to Customer Service or Money Center to buy 'em even for just one. Then I get told cash or debit only, I ask them nicely can I try a CC...some decline & some try...really depend on which WMs I go to...and 1 per transaction & you must buy the GC alone....I think it's hard-coded at least for the max $500....but not 100% sure.
Old May 21, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: tink928
Today I tried to buy sunnies in three different wal-marts in two different states (OH and WV). In both cases the host timed out and I was told that these are now debit or cash only... When i saw it the first time, I thought may be their systems were slow, but the exact same thing happened again the second time after about an hour in another state... This may be start of a trend..
Old May 21, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by tinku928
Today I tried to buy sunnies in three different wal-marts in two different states (OH and WV). In both cases the host timed out and I was told that these are now debit or cash only... When i saw it the first time, I thought may be their systems were slow, but the exact same thing happened again the second time after about an hour in another state... This may be start of a trend..

I just bought one in Texas. In fact help trained the csr how to ring them up. Even used an AGC.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by tinku928
Relax, Wally mart AND Sams Club systems have had issues with POS devices the last few days; not a new rule blocking CC on Sunnies. I bought 4 of them w AX GC, then went to another cashier to buy another one with AMX GC, was successful, then "host timed out message" twice more. Bluebird loads failing at CS desk also... all same POS system issue. Those time-outs can hold your funds on your AX GC for up to 8 days, so do not do multiple attempts after host time-out!

Let Meg-lo-mart get their sh*t fixed and give it a few days...
Old May 21, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm done with WM. No more sunnies for me, after this week. Too many transactions cancelled. What am I moving on to? Easy: TCB, 0.5% back on GCM. Online shopping, no hassle, less eyes watching, same price. It's all good...
Old May 22, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I'm done with WM. No more sunnies for me, after this week. Too many transactions cancelled. What am I moving on to? Easy: TCB, 0.5% back on GCM. Online shopping, no hassle, less eyes watching, same price. It's all good...
Register transactions at WM cancelled?
Old May 22, 2015, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Register transactions at WM cancelled?
Yeah, it just says transaction cancelled. So stupid. As recently as last week, it was the easiest thing in the world to buy Sunnies...

But really, now it's even easier to buy VGC at GCM. I'll miss the cash back from the Blue Cash card at my Neighborhood WM though.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:11 pm

Any updates on these issues? I have 12K of AMGC to burn and Sunnies are my method of choice since Simon died. I'd hate to have to head to Hyvee and spend another $1 for every $500 card.....not to mention, one more stop!
Old May 22, 2015, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Any updates on these issues? I have 12K of AMGC to burn and Sunnies are my method of choice since Simon died. I'd hate to have to head to Hyvee and spend another $1 for every $500 card.....not to mention, one more stop!
Simon isn't dead.. is it? I tried Simon earlier this week and bought a bunch of Sunnies today with AGC.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by macrophage
Simon isn't dead.. is it? I tried Simon earlier this week and bought a bunch of Sunnies today with AGC.
Simon is dead for AGC - clerks trained to not accept GC. CC works.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Simon is dead for AGC - clerks trained to not accept GC. CC works.

I see, I knew that was true.

I still buy SMGC with regular credit cards if need be (last minute min spend). AGC cycle takes too long for me at times.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:59 am

I know I may be the last man in America still making $49.99 Vanilla loads at WM.

As recently as yesterday, I could make those loads.

Today, they won't work on the registers. Can Anyone else confiirm this change? Is this truly the end of all Vanilla loads at WM? Or did I just experience some dumb luck today? Thanks for your input.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I know I may be the last man in America still making $49.99 Vanilla loads at WM.

As recently as yesterday, I could make those loads.

Today, they won't work on the registers. Can Anyone else confiirm this change? Is this truly the end of all Vanilla loads at WM? Or did I just experience some dumb luck today? Thanks for your input.
Bad luck?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24863710-post2186.html
Old May 26, 2015, 7:23 am

For what it's worth, I bought 6K of Sunnies on Saturday with no issues. I seem to be mainly having problems with one CSM, so just avoiding buying Sunnies at that Walmart.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
For what it's worth, I bought 6K of Sunnies on Saturday with no issues. I seem to be mainly having problems with one CSM, so just avoiding buying Sunnies at that Walmart.
Given that the limit is 1/trnx, did you go through the cashier 6-12 times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.