Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAA - no processing fee giftcards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
MCC classification of my local AAA office is something like "organizations", so I don't think there are any bonus category opportunities here.

No bonus category is still ok if they take CC as a purchase at the local AAA office (only a 5 minute drive from my house)

It reminds me of Chase GCs to an extend if there are no fees at all. - an alternative way to VRs
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by stimulus
No bonus category is still ok if they take CC as a purchase at the local AAA office (only a 5 minute drive from my house)

It reminds me of Chase GCs to an extend if there are no fees at all. - an alternative way to VRs
It's almost identical to playing with Buxx. I don't see the big deal of this unless CSP earns 2x as the OP already said.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
incredible deal if they are available at your local office. I am going to check mine today. Anyone know of any AAA membership deals?
Not related to MS, but if you own a vehicle and drive it regularly AAA is a great deal as is and nearly a must have. Also lots of places offer AAA member discounts so it could pay for itself in saved money. This year for myself and family members, about 290 miles worth of towing has been covered due to unexpected breakdowns. Beats $5/mile!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I paid my last membership with my CSP and did not get a bonus. Still, cheap gift cards are cheap gift cards.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
AAA

Are you sure it is in entertainment? CITI AA has bonus in this category this quarter. I am wondering...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vagrants
It's almost identical to playing with Buxx. I don't see the big deal of this unless CSP earns 2x as the OP already said.
If this can be bought with a CC and also no fees at your local AAA office - it is indeed essentially the same as Chase GC, and seeing that was a BIG DEAL, this would be apparently so as well.

Have a friend's membership, buy with your CC, even at 2.95 shipping fee still better than your VR by a dollar.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:31 pm

If this can be bought with a CC and also no fees at your local AAA office - it is indeed essentially the same as Chase GC, and seeing that was a BIG DEAL, this would be apparently so as well.

Have a friend's membership, buy with your CC, even at 2.95 shipping fee still better than your VR by a dollar.
If you have a membership with them or "Have a friend's membership", yes. The basic membership fee here is $68 (from my SO's AAA invitation). So, I have to beat that in 2 months. Then all the profit kicks in. I really don't have uses for AAA membership or its "perks", so not a big deal to me, but for you & others, yes. Buxx's fee is $2. Beats both S/H of this deal & VR.

Last edited by vagrants; Oct 31, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:32 pm
xp0

Not true...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by BHArt
Not related to MS, but if you own a vehicle and drive it regularly AAA is a great deal as is and nearly a must have. Also lots of places offer AAA member discounts so it could pay for itself in saved money. This year for myself and family members, about 290 miles worth of towing has been covered due to unexpected breakdowns. Beats $5/mile!
Off topic, but many credit cards (Visa Signature, Discover) provide roadside dispatch for a fixed fee of around $60 per incident, which is slightly higher than AAA membership in most areas. Therefore, if you break down less than once a year, AAA membership is likely not worth it.

I can't imagine how you can possibly need 290 miles of towing in a year, but in cases like that, AAA membership is a good investment.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by cbn42
Off topic, but many credit cards (Visa Signature, Discover) provide roadside dispatch for a fixed fee of around $60 per incident, which is slightly higher than AAA membership in most areas. Therefore, if you break down less than once a year, AAA membership is likely not worth it.

I can't imagine how you can possibly need 290 miles of towing in a year, but in cases like that, AAA membership is a good investment.
That being said, there are way more benefits to the AAA membership than just roadside assistance.

Plan on hitting up my local branch(es) today. Will report back what I find out.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:22 am

What are some good ways to liquidate these?

AP? Load to BB at WM? MO at WM? Any other good ways ? Venmo? Square Cash?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:37 am

When I go to the website I get the Visa gift card page, but when I go to order them it's just giving me the AAA Travel Visa reloadable.

Are these in store only?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by golf7
What are some good ways to liquidate these?

AP? Load to BB at WM? MO at WM? Any other good ways ? Venmo? Square Cash?

BB, MO, AP, the choice is yours
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:11 am

I just dropped by my local AAA Carolinas office and they were not aware of the no-fee for November and December. They asked about everyone in the office and no one had heard of it.

Maybe we need a website stating no fee or a scan of the magazine. they also mentioned that even though AAA is a national organization, each region operates independent of each other, so if mid-west is offering the promotion, the Carolinas may not.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cbn42

I pay one bill every year that gives me no second thoughts: my AAA bill. AAA rates are generally the lowest published hotel rates I can find (I'm excluding Priceline and mistake rates from this statement) and save me enough to justify my annual fee. I once took advantage of the AAA towing policy when I was using a friend's car that I had driven from San Jose, CA to Pebble Beach. The savings on the towing bill alone paid for several years of AAA membership.

I'm happy to pay an annual fee to get good peace of mind on the highway.

And, if this proves to be a low-cost way to boost my manufactured spend for a couple of months, so much the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.