Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
Not as of ~5 PM today...
What happened at 5?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Quick question, tomorrow using **** for first time. Outside of last 4=code, any tricks I need to know for WM? Do you need to use the speed workaround for **** cards too?
tx
not working anymore, hope you didnt buy them already
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by angrypenguin
What happened at 5?
Don't read into it so much. He means all is well as of 5, probably when he was there...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Not heard of the situation where when they say "cash only" it means that "debit" is allowed as well. If debit was allowed they would say "cash or debit"
I called a couple of the grocery stores and asked what form of payment they accepted for money order purchases. I was told "cash only", when I followed up with "will you take a debit card?", I was told yes. This happened at two Albertson's and one Kroger store.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by traveler9020
Interesting. Where are you located? I'm in the DFW area and most places that state "cash only" consider debit as cash. This is especially true at grocery stores. Heck, even CVS used to sell money orders (not sure if they still do but if so, I wonder if they'll take OV for one?) Hmm!! could we be on to something here? lol.
New England. No CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens accepts debit cards, nor do most of the major supermarkets. (One branch of a chain did, but has just stopped).

And interestingly, the four stores I know where I can still (well, as of Wednesday!) still buy Moneygram MOs with debit are not actually listed on the Moneygram site.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by traveler9020
I called a couple of the grocery stores and asked what form of payment they accepted for money order purchases. I was told "cash only", when I followed up with "will you take a debit card?", I was told yes. This happened at two Albertson's and one Kroger store.
Don't call.
Don't name names.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
OMG. I just went to WM and the register would not accept my OV. I tried everything and nothing worked...please help me...what can I do???
I tried to use a OV at my local WM today at 6:18pm and when I got home I found that the WM POS software had not only demagnetized all the strips on every credit card in my wallet, but had also recalibrated my refrigerator's coolness setting and all my ice cream had gone melty. It screwed up the tracking on my television, and deleted all the Barenaked Ladies songs from my iPod.

It seems that The WM POS has been completely reconfigured. It will give your ex-girlfriend your new phone number, mix Kool-aid into your fishtank, drink all your beer and leave dirty socks on the coffee table when there's company coming over. It will put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit pants and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

It will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Discover card.

It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she is dead, such is the power of the new WM POS system, it reaches out beyond the grave to sully those things we hold most dear.

It will move your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it. It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous messages on your boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold.

The new WM POS system will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the
toilet seat up. It will make a batch of meth in your bathtub and then leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase gradeschoolers with your new snowblower.

So... should I try again tomorrow?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by RJP3
I tried to use a OV at my local WM today at 6:18pm and when I got home I found that the WM POS software had not only demagnetized all the strips on every credit card in my wallet, but had also recalibrated my refrigerator's coolness setting and all my ice cream had gone melty. It screwed up the tracking on my television, and deleted all the Barenaked Ladies songs from my iPod.

Etc
Oh dear, I've seen this a few times before. For those who don't realize, RJP3 is preparing a "Walmart made me do it" insanity type defense for a vicious spree killing he has been planning for months. So if you know someone with Barenaked Ladies songs on his Ipod (he might have now deleted them for realism) a fishbowl, a dog and a snow blower, be very very careful.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by angrypenguin
What happened at 5?
I bought a MO using 4x MetaBank VGCs using last 4 as PIN.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:13 pm

Or course. What do you have left to lose?

Originally Posted by RJP3

It seems that The WM POS has been completely reconfigured. It will give your ex-girlfriend your new phone number, mix Kool-aid into your fishtank, drink all your beer and leave dirty socks on the coffee table when there's company coming over. It will put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit pants and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

It will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Discover card.

It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she is dead, such is the power of the new WM POS system, it reaches out beyond the grave to sully those things we hold most dear.

It will move your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it. It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous messages on your boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold.

The new WM POS system will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the
toilet seat up. It will make a batch of meth in your bathtub and then leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase gradeschoolers with your new snowblower.

So... should I try again tomorrow?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
I removed the old information from the wiki. It's nigh useless now and just seemed to spur those who didn't read to post senseless questions.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by sechs
I removed the old information from the wiki. It's nigh useless now and just seemed to spur those who didn't read to post senseless questions.
Thanks, but they will still post useless questions
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Everything on my blog is mine. The trick about ordering Amex cards is my own as well. You can search my posts. And I will tell you this - before I posted it on a blog I answered every PM I got. Earlier post were for my friends only, thats why I specifically refer to someone named Benny (chew and spit out guy, can't figure one thing on his own).
If I was to spin it off, I would copy every 101 class from this forum. Thats why I think MMS better start coming up with something more original than "Trip to Hawaii with Emily: part 14". Traffic is golden and it won't last forever.
i checked your blog out. kinda annoying that your articles have no time stamps, thus no one knows how 'old' the tricks are and there is no update when a deal is dead
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Thanks, but they will still post useless questions
True. But it won't be about that outdated information.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sechs
True. But it won't be about that outdated information.
I would not be so sure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.