Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:37 pm

Cannot find a data point. MO thread was up and down about this last night around 10pm. Are the US Bank MC working to load BB? Are they working to buy MOs at Walmart? If so, it should go into the wiki.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:44 pm

Wiki still says "Series 484735 is fine".......is that true? From what I was reading, all VGC's were affected by the change? I'm already maxed out for my June BB, otherwise I would run out and test. Anyone have details here?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ellisgolf
Wiki still says "Series 484735 is fine".......is that true? From what I was reading, all VGC's were affected by the change? I'm already maxed out for my June BB, otherwise I would run out and test. Anyone have details here?
That was pre-crash related...I believe all Vanilla flavors are impacted currently.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Those with multiple failures, are you waiting between attempts?

It sounds like there may be some kind of timer or velocity limit.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Using VGC for Debit transaction at WM?

Has anyone tried making a debit PIN transaction at WM cashier using VGC yet? If it doesn't work, this could be bigger issues than using them at Kate. That would suggest that either Bancorp or WM is blocking them intentionally.

If so, than perhaps there is leverage in filing some kind of complaint against Bancorp/WM. Or not.... I'm nor exactly a regulator.

I'm going to visit Kate later today to try a $90 load... If nobody else has tried a debit transaction I'll buy a stick of gum and report back. Just trying to get some data points here.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blootch
Has anyone tried making a debit PIN transaction at WM cashier using VGC yet? If it doesn't work, this could be bigger issues than using them at Kate. That would suggest that either Bancorp or WM is blocking them intentionally.

If so, than perhaps there is leverage in filing some kind of complaint against Bancorp/WM. Or not.... I'm nor exactly a regulator.

I'm going to visit Kate later today to try a $90 load... If nobody else has tried a debit transaction I'll buy a stick of gum and report back. Just trying to get some data points here.
Its been reported either on this thread or the MO thread that transactions for regular purchases are indeed working.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:43 pm

I loaded a Vanilla GC at the Kiosk ($500) on 6/16/14. Series 484735, no issues. Didn't realize people were having issues with VGC
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
Its been reported either on this thread or the MO thread that transactions for regular purchases are indeed working.
Thanks.. Searched past few pages didn't see anything.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:55 pm

Are these <$100 swipes that are working still requiring the "Cancel" work-around?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by msnut1
I loaded a Vanilla GC at the Kiosk ($500) on 6/16/14. Series 484735, no issues. Didn't realize people were having issues with VGC
Well considering the problem began yesterday you wouldn't have had any issues on 6/16.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by lp244
Are these <$100 swipes that are working still requiring the "Cancel" work-around?
At the Kate..probably not but at the registers...yes because if you don't do the workaround, it will be coded as "credit" and BB/Serve loading can't be done on credit.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:14 pm

I was able to load 1500 on the Kate yesterday 6/18 in the early afternoon EST...but not today. Haven't tried the $99.99 trick but I will later on...it's getting more difficult!!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by apratt0905
Haven't tried the $99.99 trick but I will later on...it's getting more difficult!!
That's going to be 40 swipes for me...ridiculous. Guess I'm not buying Vanilla with Amex GC at CVS anymore. The cashiers at my store will miss me.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blootch

I have only seen reports of low $ debit purchases that worked. Anyone willing to try a $100+ debit charge?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
I have only seen reports of low $ debit purchases that worked. Anyone willing to try a $100+ debit charge?
Go for it and report back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.