Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:02 am

anyone tried to billpay this card at walmart to see if it would deposit or try to load it at the kiosk?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Bringing this up again:

Asked at local WAG about an initial load of a WG Bal Reward DC just for fun. Cashier said cash only. I am thinking about using my PPDMC for an initial load to the WG Bal Reward DC since you can load up to $1500 to it (only if you use a DC). That's $15 in PP CB plus something like 4500 PPE points (worth about $30, depending on the reward chosen). Since the load fee is only $2.95, and there are free ATM w/d at WAG that would be about $42 in profit per $1500 load. The problem is that I am not sure how to unload without triggering a shutdown. There is a cheap BP method which if used a lot triggers it; there are the free $500 ATM w/d's which if used a lot triggers it. So if I just do $1500 per month with 1-2 ATM visits and 1-2 BP per month, it MAY help curb the shutdown risk but it may not be worth it.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:09 pm

Slow and steady kind of thing here. Wish it were scalable but I'll be keeping it on the back burner as a backup method if needed.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Slow and steady kind of thing here. Wish it were scalable but I'll be keeping it on the back burner as a backup method if needed.
But you have to load I believe at least $1000 per month to avoid a monthly fee. Is that low and slow for you? It's slow for me but not that low.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:15 am

Not sure why you think you'd get PPBDC cashback for a PIN transaction.

You'd better buy 3 $500 MOs in a grocery store for $1 each than pay $2.95 + $0.95 via Wags.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by raenye
Not sure why you think you'd get PPBDC cashback for a PIN transaction.

You'd better buy 3 $500 MOs in a grocery store for $1 each than pay $2.95 + $0.95 via Wags.
Yes, plumb forgot this small (huge) detail. Thanks raenye!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:12 am

Finally got the shutdown on this. Good while it lasted. I went slow - around 2 x $1500 loads per month.

I might need to get one for my wife.

Seems like the Incomm (short for "incompetent") people on the phone. I'm supposed to get a call back within "48 business hours." I asked how to translate that to real life hours. 2 biz days. Not sure why they can't say that.

And here it is a week later - no call back. Sigh.

But I'd do it all over again!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
Finally got the shutdown on this. Good while it lasted. I went slow - around 2 x $1500 loads per month.

I might need to get one for my wife.

Seems like the Incomm (short for "incompetent") people on the phone. I'm supposed to get a call back within "48 business hours." I asked how to translate that to real life hours. 2 biz days. Not sure why they can't say that.

And here it is a week later - no call back. Sigh.

But I'd do it all over again!
I went even slower -- one load per month -- and was shut down a long time ago. First time, I was reinstated and told not to do billpays, but instead to use the card for debit transactions. So I paid Citi by debit and was shut down permanently a couple of days after that. Check for the balance came pretty quickly (less than a month).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K
If you are trying out this card, there is really no point of going slow.. you'll be shut down no matter what. You might as well hit $10-20K as quickly as possible (load 2x $1500, unload $2999 via bill pay, repeat...until they shut you down)
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by DeErEtYn
If you are trying out this card, there is really no point of going slow.. you'll be shut down no matter what. You might as well hit $10-20K as quickly as possible (load 2x $1500, unload $2999 via bill pay, repeat...until they shut you down)
I don't know - I think I had it for more than a year, using it at a snail's pace.

It's possible my total was around $20k, but I think it was more - likely over $30k.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: aadvantage
Max bill pay

I just got this card to use on a minimum spend, due to my location this ends up being cheaper than other options available to me. I am planning to load $500 gift cards and do bill pay to my amex, I know there is a high risk for getting shut down so I was thinking to load $8k and do bill pay for $8k once and maybe try and get an extra $2k or 4k before I get shut down.

Is there a maximum for the bill pay option or will my above plan work?

Thanks,
ramosz83
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ramosz83
I just got this card to use on a minimum spend, due to my location this ends up being cheaper than other options available to me. I am planning to load $500 gift cards and do bill pay to my amex, I know there is a high risk for getting shut down so I was thinking to load $8k and do bill pay for $8k once and maybe try and get an extra $2k or 4k before I get shut down.

Is there a maximum for the bill pay option or will my above plan work?

Thanks,
ramosz83
Max is 2500 In practice I load 1500 and immediately billpay it to reduce risk of funds getting frozen. I'm still alive but only ran about 15k thru the card so far. Account has already gotten frozen once but I got it reinstated after CSR in India let me off with a warning.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: aadvantage
Split payments

Do you by chance know how to have the cashier accept a split payment, he was willing to try for me but couldn't figure it out. I am loading $500 gift/debit cards on to the cards but they are only letting me do one at a time per load.

Thanks,
Ramosz83
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:15 pm

can this product be loaded online with a credit card? im looking for a new manufactuer spending product that will let me do that. no luck lately.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ramosz83
Do you by chance know how to have the cashier accept a split payment, he was willing to try for me but couldn't figure it out. I am loading $500 gift/debit cards on to the cards but they are only letting me do one at a time per load.

Thanks,
Ramosz83
ask for 1500 load, swipe first $500 card, enter pin, when asked if 1502.95 is the right amount, hit no and ask him to switch to 500. Repeat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.