Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by craz
Let me see if I understand you, Now that you know all about it you dont want anyone else to read about it, so till you read about anything the thread should stand tall and not be deleted, but once you are made aware of something then it should be deleted. yep I hear ya loud and clear
This.

Mike
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by cfisher6
No ODs in my area, but I saw Sheetz listed as "Sheetz Convenience Stores" -- anyone ever have Sheetz come through as a gas category?
Sheetz is always marked as Gas Station for me through Amex at least.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:00 am

At least tone it down

For the love of GCs, can the heading of this thread at least be toned down a bit? I guugled the requisite terms, and the resultS (note plural) from this thread came back glaring, as opposed from the # of results from tweets and the original person's w. site.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Sheetz is always marked as Gas Station for me through Amex at least.
Thanks, great to hear.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
I wonder if this is like the MC's where you have to hit Change Payment to make it work? Or the OP got lucky where his Walmart was coded as a HI store (which is unlikely)?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
For folks who want this thread to die, imagine if there was no thread about mint, VRs, MOs, visa GCs etc. where would one be without all those great threads. Get these while they last. Every single deal has an expiration date and there will be new and innovative ways coming out to replace the ones we lost. Sure there may be a lag period between 2 deals but use that time to take some rest or go for a vacation!!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by raghu455
For folks who want this thread to die, imagine if there was no thread about mint, VRs, MOs, visa GCs etc. where would one be without all those great threads. Get these while they last. Every single deal has an expiration date and there will be new and innovative ways coming out to replace the ones we lost. Sure there may be a lag period between 2 deals but use that time to take some rest or go for a vacation!!
Is raghu455 the only one confirming success with these cards?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by KYBOSH
He never confirmed it, it was a blogger that posted this and he saw it on twitter with a lot of other people.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
I can confirm that this works. I bought a MO at WM with this.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
He never confirmed it, it was a blogger that posted this and he saw it on twitter with a lot of other people.
He did confirm it worked with any 4 digits as PIN. However, so far we've only heard from him and the original blogger (Points2Paradise) who reported it. I'm worried that only newer cards will have this full functionality, potentially troublesome in areas with little turnover of cards. My local CVS has a monster stack, for example, and they don't look like they've been touched in a while.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:46 am

This works like Mastercard GCs...but kind of worse. The default charging method is "Credit" as soon as you swipe.

1st attempt $250: nearest WM. Old mono-chrome swiper. The cashier told me it's reading as credit. Hit "Cancel", changed payment type to "Debit." Typed in last 4 digits of the card (so that I can remember easily if something goes bad). Worked fine to get the MO. Just in case this is significant, I did split to get the MO. First one was OneVanilla GC followed by HI.

2nd attempt $500: second nearest WM. Color swiper. Since I already experienced at the 1st WM, I hit "Change Payment Type" (the red button). It will not go. I tried 3 times, then the cashier wanted the card....great....I handed her the HI card...thankfully, she didn't know about 'this'. She swiped the card on her side, hit something, and wala, I was (not the cashier specifying the payment type) able to change to "Debit". The payment type screen looked different from the normal red button pushed screen. I used the split again. But, this time, HI first followed by Chase GC on this second try.

Yeah, there may not be 'fee', but do you want to get stuck or be on float until you somehow cash out?

Last edited by vagrants; Jul 30, 2013 at 10:10 am
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:47 am

Confirm worked. Wont be spelling out how, when, where on this thread. Very easy go try it out.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by dajoip; Jul 31, 2013 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:52 am

I'm the blogger. I was successful at a kiosk multiple times. That was using cards from two OD locations at one WM (but maybe there's a high turnover on those cards in this area, who knows).
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
I saw P2P and FM talk about on twitter yesterday. After seeing those tweets I did two things. Prayed hard that it doesn't get to blogs (forgot to mention FT) and went to sleep an hour early to try it out first thing in the morning.

There is no going back anways. So is this working or what!?
LOL, and yet you will ask for help whether this works or not in the same forum - instead of trying it out yourself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.