Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dprice121
Delete this thread before another opportunity is shut down.
Really? Would you even know about this opportunity if someone didn't share it with you? Shish!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
Really? Would you even know about this opportunity if someone didn't share it with you?
Yes.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by turnpike13
This is such a shady company. I bet that anyone who attempted to use their card at a non-(previously)approved retailer, aka, tried to use it at krogers, WM, whatever who sends in their cards for a refund will get denied and loose the remaining value of their card.

Good luck to all those being analyzed by their compliance department who went the refund route. latest estimate is that refunds will take 5 WEEKS to be investigated and another 4 WEEKS to cut a check.
It would be illegal if they were to LOSE the value simply by sending them in. Forfeiture of funds is not an option.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
It would be illegal if they were to LOSE the value simply by sending them in. Forfeiture of funds is not an option.
It's probably illegal to change the terms and conditions over night without notice too, but there's always some minor loophole they can use.

While we all thinks the law is this big ominous thing that protects our rights from being abused by these kinds of companies, there's no penalty for them until a big lawsuit comes down the pike. How many "marketing VP's" went to jail as a result of the financial crisis? How many risk management VP's? These are the guys who are aware of and make these decisions that piss off consumers. Not the CEO's. /end rant.

But really, these companies can do whatever they want, until the FTC or such comes knocking on their door.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Originally Posted by balima
I've looked and not found. Only found Sears/Land's End/KMart gift cards at Sears. I believe Visa and others used to be available, but no longer. But as always YMMV.
The Sears near me had some $100+5.95 VISA and AMEX cards...scattered through the store though, some near kids clothes, some near small appliances, very random. They also had some chain restaurant (Subway, Olive Garden) gcs as well.

I actually saw a guy buying ~5 x $100 VISAs, and I assumed he had HIGCs to burn, but it was a random CC. I guess people really buy them for normal use.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pencegeri
Forgot to mention, if you do it in store you will need to specify you will be using more than one card. And you will nee to tell them how much you want to use. The store will not be able to determine how much is on it as it is not a gift card meant for that particular brand i.e. Home Depot.
when telling them I have more than one card, do i tell them its a credit card or a gift card? I am assuming to say gift card but it is acting like a credit card so I don't know.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Couple of points from approved merchants list reduction.
1. It's legitimate reason for asking/demanding refund.
2. It's quite easy to get denial receipt by visiting that blacklisted now merchant and try to buy something there...

In a sense, Incomm is helping community to get refunds by acting such.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Thumbs down

Totally missed the boat on this "Greatest Way Ever".
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
Couple of points from approved merchants list reduction.
1. It's legitimate reason for asking/demanding refund.
2. It's quite easy to get denial receipt by visiting that blacklisted now merchant and try to buy something there...

In a sense, Incomm is helping community to get refunds by acting such.
You do realize refunds will take more than 2 months now to get the check in your hand.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by turnpike13
You do realize refunds will take more than 2 months now to get the check in your hand.
You know this for a fact?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by patternseverywhere
So it's a slow day and I had time to play. Went to OD. Conservatively bought $100. Went to WM. Kiosk broken (typical). Tried cashier. No go. Tried to load BB online for $2. No go. So I may be stuck sitting on $100 but that's okay. In the process I did establish a rule for myself, of which I promise to never waiver, and that is this: Never allow the points chase to take you to Walmart. It's NEVER worth it. Whatever you gain, you in turn pay with your soul. #truth

Have fun everyone. And to those who sat on the sideline, try not rub it in too much. Just you in another life.

I sat on the sideline, but love your rule. Walmart is too much of a circus for me, can't stand that crowd, that place or the workers.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by oracles4444
when telling them I have more than one card, do i tell them its a credit card or a gift card? I am assuming to say gift card but it is acting like a credit card so I don't know.

Thanks
Don't tell them anything. If they need to see the card, and they ask just tell them it'll work.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by oracles4444

Thanks
Don't tell them anything except "MMS sent me" and then present the Secret Handshake.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pencegeri
Don't tell them anything. If they need to see the card, and they ask just tell them it'll work.
But i have to tell them weather its a gift card or credit card.

I have to say, " i am going to use 2 cards to pay for this item", when they ask what is it? what do I say? I tell them its 2 gift cards or 2 credit cards or tell them I am going to use 2 cards and just tell them the amount and nothing else?

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bender464
Don't tell them anything except "MMS sent me" and then present the Secret Handshake.
Actually I don't read MMS and only read FT. I know here is good info and MMS is trying to make a buck. I've learned a lot from here and only have 3 cards to liquidate because i know the risk from being here. I was able to unload a lot and knew if I got stuck with 3 cards I can use it on something I needed anyway so I did my homework.

Thanks again from reading from these boards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.