Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by makinbutter
i had my NS closed in nov/dec timeframe. i also moved recently (before the closure) and NS still has my old address on file. i called up about a month ago and the rep confirmed that a check for the closed balance would be sent to me. I waited 20 business days and nothing. called today and they still hadn't sent the check and would not send it to my new address. anyone have this issue?

https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp about time we pay them back!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:06 pm

Some envelopes with valuable stuff inside explicitly state "Postman: Do not forward".

We can all empathize and learn, because these type of accounts normally don't ever snail-mail you anything except the original permanent card. 99.9% of everything BB, for example, is done via website, email, and/or in person.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
you set up change of address, right? It will be automatically forwarded to your new address when they do send it.
the post office will not forward a check.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by ZapperO
Has anyone successfully transferred a cash balance from their Amazon Payments account into their Netspend account using the bank info from the NetSpend website?
I tried transfering in the other direction. First transfer went fine, the second did not. CS on both sides pointed fingers at the other. Never tried again.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by makinbutter
i had my NS closed in nov/dec timeframe. i also moved recently (before the closure) and NS still has my old address on file. i called up about a month ago and the rep confirmed that a check for the closed balance would be sent to me. I waited 20 business days and nothing. called today and they still hadn't sent the check and would not send it to my new address. anyone have this issue?
If you visit your old post office they might be willing to watch for that letter and hold it for you. If you are in a small town the odds go up significantly.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I tried to make a payment to my amex cc using the netspend routing and acct number, amex said they could not find the acct or something? Is their a limit on the netspend side for ach pulls? Anyone had success with paying bills that way? I made a payment of 3450.
Did you ever figure this out?

Anybody else have success or failure using AmEx's website to ACH-pull a payment from Netspend?

I've had success with Chase, Discover, and JCB, and no failures. FWIW one post in this thread and elsewhere a friend of mine both got failures with Citi.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:55 pm

I have the same question. Anyone has experience?

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Did you ever figure this out?

Anybody else have success or failure using AmEx's website to ACH-pull a payment from Netspend?

I've had success with Chase, Discover, and JCB, and no failures. FWIW one post in this thread and elsewhere a friend of mine both got failures with Citi.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:31 pm

I could not log into my NetSpend account. Kept saying my user name & password don't match. When I tried to reset my password, I got denied citing that the information I entered did not match what on file. My account suspended, or their website is temporarily down?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by adminds
I could not log into my NetSpend account. Kept saying my user name & password don't match. When I tried to reset my password, I got denied citing that the information I entered did not match what on file. My account suspended, or their website is temporarily down?
Their website was having trouble earlier today. I wouldn't panic quite yet.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:43 pm

hmmm

Just logged into both of my Netspend and both working fine.
Try texting in for a balance check.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:52 pm

Just called CSR, and was told that my account had been closed and I would get a check. This game is over for me. Good luck to you guys.

PS: I used it to load VRs and pay my CC (ACH Pull).
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:37 am

Admind, don't give up so soon my freind. Try another company. I have been a netspend user for many years. But have not integrated MS with them long enough to know.

Perhaps you can spread the spending over several Netspend competitors?

10 CARDS x $2,000 each? Would that be too much headache?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Just called CSR, and was told that my account had been closed and I would get a check. This game is over for me. Good luck to you guys.

PS: I used it to load VRs and pay my CC (ACH Pull).
what was the volume? how lond did you have the card?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:35 am

You are right. I still have bluebird, gobank, accountnow ....
I will not deal with NetSpend. It's notorious for closing accounts without reasons.

Originally Posted by Fico2Go
Admind, don't give up so soon my freind. Try another company. I have been a netspend user for many years. But have not integrated MS with them long enough to know.

Perhaps you can spread the spending over several Netspend competitors?

10 CARDS x $2,000 each? Would that be too much headache?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:38 am

I have had the account for almost 1 year. In January, I loaded $4500. Before that, less than $1500 per month.

Originally Posted by alik99
what was the volume? how lond did you have the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.