Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

VR cards with "Do Not Take from Store, See Cashier" printed on back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM Reserve

In my search for a non-pharmacy bean location in Atlanta today, I stopped by a Circle M operated gas station. They indeed had what looked like the normal VR cards on the rack, but instead of a scratch-off strip covering a pin number on the back, all the back of the card had was a small, standard/rectangular UPC number and bar code and the caption "Do Not Take From The Store, See Cashier".

Has anyone else seen these yet? The cashiers didn't know anything about the normal cards with a scratch-off covered pin; instead they said I have to have the actual card (they were referring to My Vanilla debit) that they would swipe through their card machine and reload directly. I had neither a My V debit nor my Bluebird card on me, so no attempt at reloading through their machine.

Has anyone else encountered these dummy/See Cashier VR cards yet?

Also, if anyone knows of a gas station in the ATL area where I could find any VRs available for purchase with a credit card, could you please PM me?

The TA off the Madison exit of I-20 on the way to Augusta has them, but have said cash only everytime I have tried to by them on my way to/from Augusta.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
This.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:06 pm

From the article it seems like they can't be used with BB.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
From the article it seems like they can't be used with BB.
They can, but you have to load those VRs to something like MVD and then load the MVD to BB. So it's an extra step with extra costs.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Those w/o the PIN are the ones DG sells but cash only. They must load them straight to your MVD

I would have done it if they would have taken my CC, just make sure you know your bal before its loaded so that you can know if they loaded the correct amount. With this type you dont have to worry about if someone somehow was able to get the PIN # and loads it before you do after its activated

Personally I prefer the scratch offs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.