Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
You have to wait for at least 3-4 hrs. before using Vanillas from OD. The same thing has happened to me as well, as well as it was reported in multiple threads on the forum.
Even if they were loadable immediately I still wouldnt do it but would wait till the next day if not a few days before emptying them out
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
You have to wait for at least 3-4 hrs. before using Vanillas from OD. The same thing has happened to me as well, as well as it was reported in multiple threads on the forum.
OK, I didn't see another thread about this. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
OK, I didn't see another thread about this. Thanks for the info.
The back of the packaging has this in all caps:
"FUNDS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS AFTER PURCHASE."

Another case of not reading the directions/instructions/T&C.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:33 pm

maybe OT but I had issues today with the us bank ones getting mo at wm. I'm thinking it was the tellers issue because she couldn't figure out how to do a bill payment but it was troubling still (based on the amount of these I'm literally sitting on)
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by hebron1427
I had issues today with the us bank ones getting mo at wm.
There have been issues using the MC ones with a PIN.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:48 pm

Thanks. I found a work around with a patient wm teller but I'll stick to visas from now on.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:27 pm

Thanks. I found a work around with a patient wm teller but I'll stick to visas from now on.
What was the workaround?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Please share...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:54 pm

Question How to cash out Vanilla Visa (Bancorp bank) GC? Bluebird?

I have a bunch of Vanilla Visa gift cards and I would like to turn them into cash. I went to their website and they only let me set a zip code, not address information.

I've read varying things on the internet about these gift cards, a lot of reports of these not being able to be used to load a bluebird account. However I also read one report where a Vanilla Visa was used to load a bluebird account.

Does anyone have the latest information on these cards, and can they be used at WalMart to load Bluebird? I tried online and Bluebird told me "We are unable to process your debit card at this time. Please try again later." I had that message from Serve once but it was an identity issue.

The $200 cards I have start with: 4847 3551
The $100 cards I have start with: 4847 3593
The $50 cards I have start with: 4847 3516

All Bancorp bank cards. I really would like to turn them into cash within the week. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:55 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...cards-147.html
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Take them to Walmart and buy Money Orders with them.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Take them to Walmart and buy Money Orders with them.
If I go in and ask to buy 5 money orders of $200 is that acceptable or am I asking for trouble? Can I do that at their kiosk without speaking to someone?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by backingitup
If I go in and ask to buy 5 money orders of $200 is that acceptable or am I asking for trouble? Can I do that at their kiosk without speaking to someone?
I went in the other day and asked for four $499.30 MO's. No questions asked. You do realize you aren't breaking any laws by buying MO's with a prepaid debit correct...? Or...Are you?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:22 am

Plenty of threads on this forum-first page no less-to help guide you.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:37 pm

Thumbs up

I went to WalMart and used their money kiosk today. I was able to load 3 $200 Vanilla Visa Gift Cards. As a PIN I used the last four digits of each card. I didn't do more than 3 because I read after 3 transactions there could be a compliance warning that must be overridden by an employee. I selected 'Money Card' because there was no Bluebird option. The money orders were disabled on my ATM. There was a very long line to wait to see one of the associates and I didn't want to bother.

Two things about the ATM process, maybe others have noticed this:

1. The first time when I chose money card and swiped my Bluebird card and entered $200 for load instead of asking for my debit card (Vanilla Visa GC) it just said it was giving me a receipt as if a transaction went through. It didn't give me a receipt and instead reset. Then I was able to do the same thing a second time and that time it asked me to swipe my debit.

2. That thing is loud and I couldn't find any way to turn it off. And everyone on the line (6 ft away) could hear all my transactions.

Anyway I guess the articles I've read from googling about Vanilla Visa GC not working at WalMart must be outdated, or maybe it's hit-or-miss.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.