Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:46 am

Successfully loaded 1 OV at WM to BB via Kate tonight on first try. Im in socal. Maybe there are less problems with loading on the west coast as Sosamo had no problems either.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Kate was happy to accept my first load for September this evening at 10pm PDT (it's nice being on the west coast for loading BB ). Fed her 3500 continuous, all 200's and 1x 500. Kate is so slow that I never exceeded the velocity limit. I actually set up a stopwatch on my phone and set a lap for each load to make sure I was within the limits. Load times were:
1:26
1:25
1:21
1:24
1:22
1:20
1:40
1:20
1:17
1:22
1:50
1:25
1:30
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Kate was happy to accept my first load for September this evening at 10pm PDT (it's nice being on the west coast for loading BB ). Fed her 3500 continuous, all 200's and 1x 500.
Can you specify which kind of VGC?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Chris92128
Successfully loaded 1 OV at WM to BB via Kate tonight on first try. Im in socal. Maybe there are less problems with loading on the west coast as Sosamo had no problems either.

I was able to load several vanilla cards this morning on Kate, also in San Diego. Some took multiple attempts, but eventually they all succeeded.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:47 am

no luck trying 10 OVs today in Maryland. Only tried each card once, however.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can you specify which kind of VGC?
Non-bean
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 pm

Successfully loaded $4,000 in OVGC at Kate this afternoon. Some took only one swipe, others took as many as 6-7 swipes. This was in suburbs of Chicago.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:08 pm

I loaded 3 Vanilla GCs purchased from CVS successfully on Kate. Two with one swipe, another one with two swipes. No luck at MC, it went directly to credit. This is in Houston.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:27 pm

meta and sunrise GCs are still taken in one swipe by Kate as of 5 pm CST.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:29 pm

Finally got rid of my single OV on Kate today. Good riddance!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:43 pm

Had a bad experience from last week. Tried buying a MO from a Kate for the first time from a WM store where used to have a sign saying MO's cant be sold on the machine but it was taken down so I assumed it may work to try.

Tried purchasing a single MO of 499.30 using a $500 VGC. On completing the transaction, the machine gave a message saying its unable to print the MO and in spite of that, charged the VGC of the entire amount, and instead printed out a receipt saying to go to the customer service desk for assistance.

Had to return the next day as was told the WM store manager left for the day and only that person could help. On returning next day which was Monday of last week, the Mgr insisted that since no money order was printed and the receipt doesn't have a MO serial number, the transaction will remain as "pending" for 3 business days on the prepaid card and then be returned. Alas, a week has passed and the card balance is still 0 and the transaction has held as is.

I'm planning to go back tomorrow morning to try to resolve this. Its crazy that the machine had the charge go through without providing MO. I dont want to also go through waiting months to dispute the charge with the bank.

Lesson learned that on such a experiment, I should have first tried to print a one dollar MO or something.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Had a bad experience from last week. Tried buying a MO from a Kate for the first time from a WM store where used to have a sign saying MO's cant be sold on the machine but it was taken down so I assumed it may work to try.

Tried purchasing a single MO of 499.30 using a $500 VGC. On completing the transaction, the machine gave a message saying its unable to print the MO and in spite of that, charged the VGC of the entire amount, and instead printed out a receipt saying to go to the customer service desk for assistance.

Had to return the next day as was told the WM store manager left for the day and only that person could help. On returning next day which was Monday of last week, the Mgr insisted that since no money order was printed and the receipt doesn't have a MO serial number, the transaction will remain as "pending" for 3 business days on the prepaid card and then be returned. Alas, a week has passed and the card balance is still 0 and the transaction has held as is.

I'm planning to go back tomorrow morning to try to resolve this. Its crazy that the machine had the charge go through without providing MO. I dont want to also go through waiting months to dispute the charge with the bank.

Lesson learned that on such a experiment, I should have first tried to print a one dollar MO or something.
Thanks for this. I've been wanting to try MO at Kate for a while and now I'll start with a $1. In fact, I'm so paranoid and so hate dealing with these kinds of hiccups that I probably would do a dummy $1 MO every time and just suck up the 70 cents as mental insurance.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks for this. I've been wanting to try MO at Kate for a while and now I'll start with a $1. In fact, I'm so paranoid and so hate dealing with these kinds of hiccups that I probably would do a dummy $1 MO every time and just suck up the 70 cents as mental insurance.
Even if you buy the $1 MO, how are you sure that the next MO will work? Most of these glitches are intermittent.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:35 pm

I had a reasonably pleasant experience at Wally World today. Went in at 12:30pm and the Kate was broken/error message. Came back at 9pm, the Kate was working. Loaded 4x$500 OV to my BB and $500 from a Simon Mall Metabank VGC. For the OV, 2 worked fine first time, 2 took two swipes each.
Gonna go back tomorrow to load the next $2500. I hope Kate is working tomorrow.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Data points: OVs worked at first swipe on 8/27 Wed near Houston TX. I was going to accumulate some this week to liquidate over the weekend, but it seems like they aren't completely back to "working at first swipe/normally" as of now?...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.