Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by cashback
+1 Same for me. The volume is sometimes off for me too. I wish I knew how to do it.

Also, a little tip (that may have already been said). A few times on the first load the kiosk sometimes gets "stuck" and says "no charge" and nothing else. No price comes up and you can't hit "Finish & Pay." I have been able to fix this by pressing "Call For Help" and then hitting the "Back" button on the next page. Doing this twice makes it work for me.
that likes to happen to me every once in a while. that is just severe lag on the machine's part and if i wait around, check out for csr trying to eye me down, look at the people driving around the electric buggies, then look back at the screen it usually has the finish & pay button colored in and i continue on with my day
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Which option do you choose to load BB?
I loaded GD via Kiosk but can't seem to find how to load BB, so have to talk to humans...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:55 am
wcj

OP- so is flying in Y.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by alik99
Which option do you choose to load BB?
I loaded GD via Kiosk but can't seem to find how to load BB, so have to talk to humans...
I think I choose the money card option. It's been a while since I use beans.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
My kiosk has been working for the past 3 trips. I bought an MO for the first time today. I didn't realize how easy it was.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
My kiosk has been working for the past 3 trips. I bought an MO for the first time today. I didn't realize how easy it was.
Buying it is the easy part . . .
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:17 pm

499.30?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
499.30?
499.30. I like buying from the kiosk since they can't track me. I don't have to worry about it looking suspicious if a buy them at the grocery store.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Buying it is the easy part . . .
I have two local banks for deposits. I"m going to open an account with two more banks. One will be with BofA so I can get the bonus on one of my rewards cards. The other will be with my job hopefully through another regional bank.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
499.30. I like buying from the kiosk since they can't track me. I don't have to worry about it looking suspicious if a buy them at the grocery store.
True, until the kiosk announces to the crowd around what you are doing
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: SQ
It's not that suspicious, especially compared to walking into the bank all the time to deposit a huge stack of 20s
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
I dont know if this helps anyone, but I went to kiosk today and all of the options were greyed out except the ATM. I then decided to troubleshoot and pressed all the buttons I could find which did not help. Then for some apparent reason I put my headphones in the jack that is there and that worked...the money card and all the other options unlocked. I have no idea how or why this worked but it did. I just hope they are not in the process of shutting down my kiosk.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:06 pm

I actually noticed that there wasn't any sound at my kiosk today as well. I had to follow the screen instructions. I actually preferred it.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
If I could figure out how to turn off the sounds that would be great.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: SQ
Ew the kiosk was broken today and there we're 40 people in line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.