Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
another interesting data point, a few weeks back I was at one in Oakland buying M/O's and it did not charge me the 70 cent fee. I bought a bunch and went back the next day and voila, out of order.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone ever had an employee come up to them and tell them they are buying to many at one time? I was thinking about this last week as I stood at the kiosk for 15 minutes and bought 20+ M/O's, but the clerks seemed preoccupied with other things. If only you could shut off the audio portion of the machine to draw less attention.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
Has anyone ever had an employee come up to them and tell them they are buying to many at one time? I was thinking about this last week as I stood at the kiosk for 15 minutes and bought 20+ M/O's, but the clerks seemed preoccupied with other things. If only you could shut off the audio portion of the machine to draw less attention.
There is a store near me where I'm not allowed to use the kiosk at all anymore. The store manager shows up before I can finish one transaction and tells me to beat it.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic
There is a store near me where I'm not allowed to use the kiosk at all anymore. The store manager shows up before I can finish one transaction and tells me to beat it.
Seriously? Have you ever asked him why or tried to make your case?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:06 pm

Seriously? Have you ever asked him why or tried to make your case?
Of course. They won't tell me why, other than they choose not to do business with me and that is their right (which they are entirely correct about, so I just don't go there anymore).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:31 pm

+1

I always feel a little awkward using the WM kiosk and having it announce to everyone that I'm depositing $500 to my BB. even more so when the line is long and the same people can hear me depositing $500 multiple times.

Not to mention the fact that, while I'm not entirely familiar with the average kiosk user's behavior, I doubt it involves depositing $500 on a pre-paid card.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Originally Posted by miniaturekat
+1

I always feel a little awkward using the WM kiosk and having it announce to everyone that I'm depositing $500 to my BB. even more so when the line is long and the same people can hear me depositing $500 multiple times.

Not to mention the fact that, while I'm not entirely familiar with the average kiosk user's behavior, I doubt it involves depositing $500 on a pre-paid card.
Same here...I wish I could turn the sound down also...after depositing $500 multiple times, people start looking. Usually it's a Saturday morning and I have my kids who make a lot of noise, so that kinda creates a diversion
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic
Of course. They won't tell me why, other than they choose not to do business with me and that is their right (which they are entirely correct about, so I just don't go there anymore).
Are you a member of any conceivable minority group? Threaten to sue them.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
This game isn't going to last long I see. I'm not sure why people don't send a spouse in there, or go to different locations either in the store or in the city. It doesn't make sense to do so much that you get banned. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:44 am

I have found a kiosk at a neighborhood walmart, seems to be up 90% of the time vs the ones at the normal walmarts always being down. It is a bit smaller too so maybe it is a newer version?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I wonder if the managers have been purposefully making the machines not work since the advent of gift cards with pins in the name of fraud prevention. Or maybe that Ft's are buying so may M/O's that they are constantly running out of the paper to print them with. What do you guys think?
Could be. My local is back in order, but when the MO option is selected the user is told that they are not available.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Are you a member of any conceivable minority group? Threaten to sue them.
White male, not disabled and have 0 sense of style, so I think I'm out of luck there. Besides, it's unnecessary. There are dozens of WMs within driving distance. I have considered sending my wife, but I don't feel comfortable with her carrying around 30k+ in blank MOs.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by miniaturekat
every time i go in there is never a line for the kiosk but a large line for the money center, therfore i would say that the average user of the kiosk probably is loading 500 from a prepaid card at a time, since it is mostly FTers using the kiosk
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I recently went to a regular walmart and went through 4 different lines asking the cashier to load my card. It was very fast.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Mine worked every day I went for a while, now it has been out for a few weeks. I think tha Fters in my city have caught on to the location and have traveled there. I'm fairly certain that it will work longer now since GB accounts are being closed left and right. Folks won't be using it as often.
Rubbish. The kiosks were constantly out of order prior to GoBank arriving. I think they work more often now that the GoBank crowd arrived - gave the machines some use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.