Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tip for Buying reloadit with CC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by concordian
Less than 500(496 to be precise) as it doesn't require manager override
The fee, and grocery items, don't seem to be counted towards the $500 trigger; so loading $499 should also work without manager override.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by sbft77
The fee, and grocery items, don't seem to be counted towards the $500 trigger; so loading $499 should also work without manager override.
YMMV
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 am

I heard the reloadit pos machines are hard-coded already. Any area lucked out?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by neversaynever
I heard the reloadit pos machines are hard-coded already. Any area lucked out?
Some places are hard coded. Read the T-Mobile thread
Bought 2 last night with no problem
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Finally a local grocery store restocked the "Cash only" ones with the newer versions! Was able to purchase $500, but it is not loading to TMobile. I've never had issues in the past with immediate activation, but has anyone else had to wait hours or so to activate?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:00 pm

Sometimes
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:38 am

The new to me white version of RLs still don't scan so I stick to the gray ones. I wait for 30 minutes before I load them to cards.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
I found my sweet spot to buy these. Seems like I'm the only person that buys them at that location. Cannot be any happier
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by thehustla
I found my sweet spot to buy these. Seems like I'm the only person that buys them at that location. Cannot be any happier
Lucky you! I believe my counterparts exit in my area. I just hope they don't play fool and try to irritate the store managers. That would ruin the game for everyone.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
"Demanding" that anyone sell you anything on the terms you want is, to put it bluntly, stupid and arrogant.

You don't have a constitutional right to churn Reloadit cards or anything else. You may have gotten lucky and encountered a few easily bullied cashiers, but I'm quite sure your streak of such encounters will be short. Sooner or later someone is going to tell you to pound sand, and they will have every right to do so.

By "demanding" they sell you a reload card on your terms, you're actually going to hurt your chances of buying these over the long term. When you make a big stink over such things, you will inevitably bring greater scrutiny - and tighter enforcement - down on what you're trying to do. Hard-coding the POS system to require cash is not difficult and will be the inevitable result. When that happens, no matter how much you try to bully the cashier, you're not buying it with a credit card (regardless of how much you throw a tantrum and wave credit card agreements).

Three rules for this game:

1. If you are refused a credit card purchase, shrug and politely move on.
2. Never make a stink, don't give the poor cashier (or their poor manager) a hard time, and above all don't "escalate" by calling up the corporate chain. Do not draw attention to the game.
3. Don't be an A-hole about it.

Pretty basic, common sense stuff.
Your rules are wrong ! Should read as.

1- Don,t be a A-hole
2- Don't be a A-hole
3- Don't be a A-hole.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
Finally a local grocery store restocked the "Cash only" ones with the newer versions! Was able to purchase $500, but it is not loading to TMobile. I've never had issues in the past with immediate activation, but has anyone else had to wait hours or so to activate?
Reloadit CSR told me today that new rule went into place this past week-- Reloadit cards do not become usable until one hour after activation.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ronnyk
Reloadit CSR told me today that new rule went into place this past week-- Reloadit cards do not become usable until one hour after activation.
That sounds about right. I was able to load it the next day fine. Happy to have this option back!!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by thehustla
Looks like I'm in the same boat. After searching fruitlessly for almost a month I found a local grocery that has probably 2,000 reloadit cards sitting in their prepaid cards sections across the store. And I was able to buy with credit.

I have a question though. They carry two different types of reloadits. Both are the white cards, one has the cash values in blue in top right corner and the netspend logo in the top left, other has the cash values in black in top right corner and no other logos. Are there any differences between those two types? I only bought the non netspend version and was able to load it to my serve card with no issue but wondering if the netspend ones are different. Both are the scratch off code kind.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: None
Any location in DMV Area (or Northern Virginia area) to be specific?
I am not a HH and just want worth 2k every month.

Please PM if you can. All safeways near me are cash only now.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:54 pm

Has anyone else found a wild discrepancy in which stores are listed on the website as selling these and which actually do? I don't mean which take credit cards, I mean the grocery store nearest me has been listed for years as selling the cards and they have never had a single one. Same for about 95% of the stores near me -- they carry zero cards. Any thoughts why? Just the way of the world?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.