Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:34 pm

can the sunnies be used to BP to a visa?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
thank you to those who have maintained and created the wiki. A couple of questions if people know the answer?

I trained a csr to do it for the 1st time (my 1st time as well). We got to the step where she put in the 1998.12, it came up to 2000. Nothing showed up on my end and I mentioned paying 500 at a time and we never could get it to show up. We canceled and tried for 998.12 and sure enough 1000 showed up on my side, I swiped, put pin in, and had her key 500 etc and it worked (yay 1st success). I then tried 1998.00 with another card which came up to a hair less than 2000 and it showed up on my side.

1) Is this a hard POS limit on 2k or it is likely she screwed up something so that 2k didn't show up on my side? If she screwed up, does anyone know what key/keys they have to press to 'total' it etc so that it shows up on the swipe side?

2) how does a holiday impact the BP? If I BP on this Thurs (posting would be 4th of July) will that delay by a day or so I assume?

Making a note here, huge success! (reference to a game). 4k MO, 4k BP. A good day. Now time to step up the game and move the remaining 34k of AGC.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by pricelessprice
can the sunnies be used to BP to a visa?
hmm...Do you see it listed in wiki of cards that do not work...so I will let you deduce that correct answer. Always better to teach a man(woman) how to fish....
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
If I BP on this Thurs(posting would be 4th of July) will that delay by a day or so I assume ?
Arrives in 1 business day
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
thank you to those who have maintained and created the wiki. A couple of questions if people know the answer?

I trained a csr to do it for the 1st time (my 1st time as well). We got to the step where she put in the 1998.12, it came up to 2000. Nothing showed up on my end and I mentioned paying 500 at a time and we never could get it to show up. We canceled and tried for 998.12 and sure enough 1000 showed up on my side, I swiped, put pin in, and had her key 500 etc and it worked (yay 1st success). I then tried 1998.00 with another card which came up to a hair less than 2000 and it showed up on my side.

1) Is this a hard POS limit on 2k or it is likely she screwed up something so that 2k didn't show up on my side? If she screwed up, does anyone know what key/keys they have to press to 'total' it etc so that it shows up on the swipe side?

2) how does a holiday impact the BP? If I BP on this Thurs (posting would be 4th of July) will that delay by a day or so I assume?

Making a note here, huge success! (reference to a game). 4k MO, 4k BP. A good day. Now time to step up the game and move the remaining 34k of AGC.
Don't understand what the problem was the first time around. If you got it to $2000, isn't that you wanted? Once the CSR enters all the info, and tells you the total is $2000, start swiping those debit cards and tell her/him that you're doing a split payment with each debit card at $500 each. They hit split tender and key in $500 AFTER YOU SWIPE EACH DEBIT CARD. After 4 swipes, you're done.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:25 pm

Thanks. WM changes their pinpads so frequently lately, I wonder if that causes the instructions to be completely different depending on which pinpad our stores have.

Now all my stores have the new chipreader pinpads. I tried danpeake's excellent split-payment instructions, and they match the May 2015 instructions in the WIKI, but they didn't work. My goal was 3 GC swipes for a BP a bit under 1500. Each time I tried those instructions it seemed the system tried to drain the full amount from the first swipe and generated a "Debit Not Available" error 51.

Today those instructions failed again, but there was nobody there and the cashier didn't mind, so she tried it again apparently entering the 500 before the swipe and that worked. I can't see her screen so I can't be sure of anything but nonetheless I wanted to add my datapoint.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Thanks. WM changes their pinpads so frequently lately, I wonder if that causes the instructions to be completely different depending on which pinpad our stores have.

Now all my stores have the new chipreader pinpads. I tried danpeake's excellent split-payment instructions, and they match the May 2015 instructions in the WIKI, but they didn't work. My goal was 3 GC swipes for a BP a bit under 1500. Each time I tried those instructions it seemed the system tried to drain the full amount from the first swipe and generated a "Debit Not Available" error 51.

Today those instructions failed again, but there was nobody there and the cashier didn't mind, so she tried it again apparently entering the 500 before the swipe and that worked. I can't see her screen so I can't be sure of anything but nonetheless I wanted to add my datapoint.
The key to split payments working is that the employee has to type in the amount before the reg trys to get the $$$ off the card being swiped. Otherwise the reg thinks you will be paying the whole amount with the card that was swiped and thusly since theres only (say) $500 on the card you cant pay $1500 which is the amount the employee typed in that you wanted to pay, thusly the reg tried getting the whole $1500 plus the fee all at once, which the card doesnt have = Declined 'Debit Not Available' error 51
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
The key to split payments working is that the employee has to type in the amount before the reg trys to get the $$$ off the card being swiped. Otherwise the reg thinks you will be paying the whole amount with the card that was swiped and thusly since theres only (say) $500 on the card you cant pay $1500 which is the amount the employee typed in that you wanted to pay, thusly the reg tried getting the whole $1500 plus the fee all at once, which the card doesnt have = Declined 'Debit Not Available' error 51
Actually while the $500 must be entered, when it is entered does NOT matter, as long as it is entered before the rep presses the debit key.

Now, WHEN the debit key is pressed, can determine a successful BP or a failed one.

The debit key has to wait till AFTER you swipe the card, if before, the BP will fail. Because buying MO does not have this peculiar sequence, many cashiers automatically press the debit card right after they enter the amount, out of habit - if it is doing BP, I guarantee you the BP will fail.

The above are being told to me by 3 WalMart cashiers from 3 different stores - 2 MC and 1 CS desk. They are my most competent cashiers.

Oh, if the rep uses the debit function on the screen, the split payment would also fail whether it is buying MO or BP. S/he must use the key pad on the side. I had a cashier refused to do split payment because she always messed up, and then she blamed her register. It was not until another cashier stepped in and successfully did a split payment for me, then we realized what was wrong with the one constantly had failure - she used the function on the screen. To this day if I have her I need to remind her not to touch the screen, but SNAFU still happens from time to time. Sigh.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Would using cash to fund a WM billpay of about $2,100 be more problematic than using debit cards? I have $2,400 in cash from my last ATM run to offload money from my six Amex for Target cards. Rather than buying money orders, I was thinking about going down to WM and paying off my VISA bill this month.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Would using cash to fund a WM billpay of about $2,100 be more problematic than using debit cards? I have $2,400 in cash from my last ATM run to offload money from my six Amex for Target cards. Rather than buying money orders, I was thinking about going down to WM and paying off my VISA bill this month.
It's allowed, but why would you want to? It might make a cashier nervous counting that many $20 bills, and they will want to double/triple/quadruple count to make sure you are giving the correct amount. I have six AFT cards, and I just deposit the money at my bank.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:50 am

any one ever tried this in Ca or SoCal?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by memphian901
Going to attempt my first BillPay tomorrow at Walmart using a Sunnie VGC. Need to pay my Chase Hyatt Visa card. I noticed in the Wiki it states the following:

So, my question is will this option of 'Best Buy - Chase' work for paying my Chase Hyatt CC as well?
1) Search this thread for "Hyatt" and see if there is an answer.
2) If you have already searched and there is no answer, then you need to go try to do it yourself. That's how the wiki was created in the first place, someone tried something and then posted the results.
3) Either way, please post your results and update the wiki with the answer.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:15 pm

went to WM to pay my TD rewards visa card.

first, we (the CSR turned the monitor to me and we did together because she is kind of new) tried VISA, everything seems okay, but after we entered the account number (twice) and phone number, name, biller zipcode, there was an error

Then we tried to search TD and found TD bank. There were two options, 3 days $1.00 or second day for $1.50. Again after entering all information (acct number, name, phone #, biller zip code), it showed an error, something about the account number. The error message is in green, not in red though.

anybody has experienced this before?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by nkp46
went to WM to pay my TD rewards visa card.

first, we (the CSR turned the monitor to me and we did together because she is kind of new) tried VISA, everything seems okay, but after we entered the account number (twice) and phone number, name, biller zipcode, there was an error

Then we tried to search TD and found TD bank. There were two options, 3 days $1.00 or second day for $1.50. Again after entering all information (acct number, name, phone #, biller zip code), it showed an error, something about the account number. The error message is in green, not in red though.

anybody has experienced this before?
TD CC not payable at WM based on my experience.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
TD CC not payable at WM based on my experience.
really? Thank you
I was happy when I found TD bank has the 3 day option for $1.00, but now it is useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.