Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I highly doubt this. New system is more likely just new software. What does serve partnership have anything to do with billpay? Amex was removed from checkfreepay, it has nothing to do with Walmart.
It wasn't WM that dropped AMEX, it was AMEX that nixed CheckFree. They limit payments to cash/check to supposedly prevent money laundering.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:21 pm

fwiw, and i am recalling about 1hr of discussion with 3-5 different staff...the system update was to combine some button, cash debit ebt credit, into one, at the MC. now when they would usually type in the entire amount, then go to partial payment, after asking me how much and punching it in, then get me to swipe, the system throws up an error and beeps, and wont continue and i couldnt swipe at all cause they couldnt get the partial payment in..

what eventually worked was they put up the total amount, i swipe, hit no cash back, enter pin, it authorizes the waits for csr input, at that point apparently then they hit the partial payment key, and i tell them how much, they punch it in, it subtracts that from the total, then go again to the next card. if they hit partial key before the swipe then that is when the error was stopping it out.

i know that the above is likely not 100% correct, or complete, but i toss it out there to help piece it all together. i spent about an hour at 2 different stores with lots of people including mgmt who didnt know what to do or how to get though it. there was a change though, no doubt about that.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:28 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by caljr
fwiw, and i am recalling about 1hr of discussion with 3-5 different staff...the system update was to combine some button, cash debit ebt credit, into one, at the MC. now when they would usually type in the entire amount, then go to partial payment, after asking me how much and punching it in, then get me to swipe, the system throws up an error and beeps, and wont continue and i couldnt swipe at all cause they couldnt get the partial payment in..

what eventually worked was they put up the total amount, i swipe, hit no cash back, enter pin, it authorizes the waits for csr input, at that point apparently then they hit the partial payment key, and i tell them how much, they punch it in, it subtracts that from the total, then go again to the next card. if they hit partial key before the swipe then that is when the error was stopping it out.

i know that the above is likely not 100% correct, or complete, but i toss it out there to help piece it all together. i spent about an hour at 2 different stores with lots of people including mgmt who didnt know what to do or how to get though it. there was a change though, no doubt about that.
Nice guess according to my experience
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:58 pm

I did split payment with 4 GCs at one Walmart's MC and another split payment with 3 GCs at another Walmart's MC today. No problems at all. Everything as usual. This is SoCal.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:15 pm

I went to my usual Walmart today to do a BP to Visa and the lady that usually does them for me could not find the generic "Visa" as a payee anymore. They had received the software update. She's always seemed very competent and spent several minutes searching for it and trying to see if they had perhaps moved it elsewhere but didn't have any luck. Has anyone else done a BP to the generic "Visa" since the update or are people paying to specific cards? I'm trying to BP my Citi HHonors Visa.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:22 pm
rb2

Originally Posted by RyanOH81
I went to my usual Walmart today to do a BP to Visa and the lady that usually does them for me could not find the generic "Visa" as a payee anymore. They had received the software update. She's always seemed very competent and spent several minutes searching for it and trying to see if they had perhaps moved it elsewhere but didn't have any luck. Has anyone else done a BP to the generic "Visa" since the update or are people paying to specific cards? I'm trying to BP my Citi HHonors Visa.
i bp'd that exact card this morning on the new system through visa.

Last edited by rb2; Apr 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RyanOH81
Just paid "visa" without an issue less than an hour ago
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I wanted to reconfirm that Wells Fargo Line of Credit worked for paying my WF credit card. Yay! (Though I still question if it's in the new system.)

However I was curious if this is the same for all companies: I made the next day payment on Monday night after 7 pm EST so essentially Tuesday the 22nd. The post date on my acct last night (Wednesday) was for the 22nd even though it didn't post until about 11 pm on the 23rd.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:13 pm

I just had the same problem in IAH. my usual cashier who is competent. system wouldn't let her do partial payment. I pulled up this thread and saw the post above using a different sequence. I walked her thru it but it rejected my $500 card twice.

bigger companies sometimes roll out software updates regionally, but I'm sure it's coming to everywhere. it's encouraging that the FTer above got it to work, we just need to nail down the sequence. I'm 80+ % sure she followed my directions as I read them off my phone because she knows me and i was the one who taught her how to do bill pay! so, good chance the sequence posted above is off a bit...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:34 pm

Billpay at Walmart

I'm sad!!! My usual location doesn't work!!! All 4 cashiers are very competent!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by coltonatx
I'm sad!!! My usual location doesn't work!!! All 4 cashiers are very competent!
Me too. The CSR called the manager over but every attempt rejected the split tender. They were very nice about it, and this location worked before the system update. Fortunately, I had my BOA Alaska debit card with me, so I used it to do the $1,998 checkfreebillpay with one swipe. I then had her do two 999.30 money orders to see if that still worked with four $500 gift cards, and it did. So at least money orders still work with split tenders.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
did 4x split BP an hour ago - no problem so far for me.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
No problems here too...4x$500 about 3 hrs ago...bracing for the worst though once this "update" reaches Ohio WM stores....
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:20 pm

This will truly suck if this is right.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:25 pm

Billpay at Walmart

I went to a other location and payment went through. I'm afraid the changes are being rolling in slowly just like VRs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.