Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:10 pm

BP is definitely a helpful component... any time I can be carrying lass in cash equivalents I'm a happy MSer, but there is a time and place for all available tools.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Just pay to "Visa" and if you go over a certain amount then they do ask all kinds of questions...I always do just under $2k and nothing more than a phone # has ever been asked for

Yes but what is surprising to me, contrary to how easy it is, these questions are being asked even before the questions "How much do you want to pay?" Certainly some thing is different at this location. I am going to try different one, where they actually have a "Money Center".
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:47 pm

This is off topic for walmart, but on topic for billpay, which is really what we care about.

Q: There were posts last year about paying Amex at Kroger. Did kroger billpay -> Amex die on 2.1.14 as well?

Q: Is there ANY place to pay Amex with debit?

I ask because it's hard for me to test this myself, as my kroger's could never get it to work even when it was still definitely available- so my area is not a reliable indicator.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by silver6054
Thank you for that. I obviously was not aware of that thread, thus my confusion at the time.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mster
VRs have nothing to do with Walmart BillPay...
Well, they do for me, since so far all of my WMBP is cards in various Vanilla flavors from my local pharmacy. It's still unclear if that route is going to stay open for me. In the meantime, maybe someone can kindly direct me to the thread about how to replace that source with other debit funds to use at Wallymart. I have heard about VGCs at grocery stores, but I haven't found any locally other than store and restaurant branded cards. I'm pretty sure you can't BP with an Outback Steakhouse gc.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Well, they do for me, since so far all of my WMBP is cards in various Vanilla flavors from my local pharmacy. It's still unclear if that route is going to stay open for me. In the meantime, maybe someone can kindly direct me to the thread about how to replace that source with other debit funds to use at Wallymart. I have heard about VGCs at grocery stores, but I haven't found any locally other than store and restaurant branded cards. I'm pretty sure you can't BP with an Outback Steakhouse gc.
Yea except Vanilla Reloads are not even similar at all to Vanilla debit cards you purchase from CVS.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm pretty sure you can't BP with an Outback Steakhouse gc.
Please experiment and let us know...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:55 pm

Has anyone ever tried to BP a prepaid debit account?
For example, the HRB card, which is a MC.
I am not saying BPing with a HRB card.
I am saying, BPing INTO a HRB card using VGCs or whatever.

It's kind of weird move, but it'll save the trouble of depositing MOs.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
I have not but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just BP using the HRB...
to consolidate GCs? Seems expensive to do that.
Originally Posted by vinhboy
Has anyone ever tried to BP a prepaid debit account?
For example, the HRB card, which is a MC.
I am not saying BPing with a HRB card.
I am saying, BPing INTO a HRB card using VGCs or whatever.

It's kind of weird move, but it'll save the trouble of depositing MOs.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by vodkashine
I have not but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just BP using the HRB...
to consolidate GCs? Seems expensive to do that.
Because most likely in the next couple of days loading HRB with VR won't be an option anymore.

Not a terrible idea, though it seems like an extra step when you can just bp directly to a credit card, and pay bills like student loans and utilities via evolve or BB (you can of course still debit load to bb at Wally).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
This is off topic for walmart, but on topic for billpay, which is really what we care about.

Q: There were posts last year about paying Amex at Kroger. Did kroger billpay -> Amex die on 2.1.14 as well?

Q: Is there ANY place to pay Amex with debit?

I ask because it's hard for me to test this myself, as my kroger's (I've tried ~10 of them) could never get it to work even when it was still definitely available- so my area is not a reliable indicator.
I NEVER do this, but I am bumping my post in hopes someone has some information...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Yes
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:31 pm

MoneyGram lists 4 different "Amex" options for Bill pay here:

https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal.../home/paybills

Amex Citibank 2-3 day
Amex Gold 2-3 day
Amex Platinum 2-3 day
Amex Standard 2-3 day

Anybody use these to successfully pay an Amex bill at WM? How much more expensive is MoneyGram than CheckFreePay?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Slickw
Yes
Thanks. paying Amex is a bottleneck for me. it's just too many money orders- having been thru the IRS wringer before, i'm not excited about explaining 100's of 1000's of $'s moving around from MS. and i've probably already done WAY too many cash and MO deposits- enough that i've been asked about them at more than 1 bank. so, who knows how many sar's...

paying thru various PP accounts is limited though- anything of size= shutdown. i've used BB, but i hate completing the circle given how much of my MS is amex (>$280m/year).

ehh...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:24 am

Searching the thread, I could not find the exact payee for the Fidelity AMEX card. There are a few "Bank of America" choices with WM BP. I made a BP last week to the card. "Bank of America Consumer Loans" worked. $1 per 3-day payment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.