Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
I would have told her to go ahead and call law enforcement. Actually I would have pulled out my own cell phone, personally dialed 911, put it on speaker phone, and laid the phone down on the counter.
It must be so cool to be a dick to people.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the tips!

^^^

Payment to Ink Bold seemingly went through. Waiting it to hit Chase.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
I would have told her to go ahead and call law enforcement. Actually I would have pulled out my own cell phone, personally dialed 911, put it on speaker phone, and laid the phone down on the counter.

Actually the Costco Amex is provided directly by American Express. You view the account directly online same as all the others such as the Platinum, Gold, Delta, Hilton, etc cards.
Thanks but I think our rule #1 should be: don't attract more attention. If somehow WM CEO heard of this, he might just ban all GC debit use. So far 2 out of 3 WM near me has such store policy.

BTW anyone has experience with Barclays AMEX? Should use Barclays or just AMEX?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by shel
Thanks but I think our rule #1 should be: don't attract more attention. If somehow WM CEO heard of this, he might just ban all GC debit use. So far 2 out of 3 WM near me has such store policy.

I can almost guarantee that it should be Amex. Do a test...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by thorax
If the CC number starts with 3, it's Amex, 4 it's Visa, and 5 it's MC. Barclays directly issues only Visa and MasterCard cards.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This whole thread is certainly attracting a lot of attention.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
This whole thread is certainly attracting a lot of attention.
I should say "unnecessary" attention. If everyone knows exactly what works, and all transactions go smoothly, I don't see it as any threat. WM wants to compete with banks so bill-pay service, by itself, is OK.

But it would be a completely difficult story if it escalates into police activity.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:37 pm

Do you have any real experience?

I'm trying to know beforehand because of some bad experience described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20878239-post39.html
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
Barclays directly issues only Visa and MasterCard cards.
You don't know the Travelocity AMEX???
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:50 pm

Do you have any real experience?

I'm trying to know beforehand because of some bad experience described here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20878239-post39.html
Just tell them Amex. If they say no, just leave. Stop being beta!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:22 pm

Just tell them Amex. If they say no, just leave. Stop being beta!
What's your point? If you want to keep the "secret" to yourself, fine. Why bother?

I want to gather as much information as I can. If you like re-inventing the wheels by yourself, I have no comment.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
My point was front line customer service representatives should not be making threats that they don't have the power to enforce. No one at Wal-Mart, except a supervisor, are correctly trained to make a judgement call on when law enforcement should be involved because they suspect fraud. They should call over their supervisor if they suspect something is wrong, not threaten to call the cops on a customer. If they really feel that what they see is "fraud", and requires urgent attention enough that they should skip trying to find their supervisor and personally call law enforcement, I'd be more than willing to call for them.

Bad things happen when front line employees over reach on what they feel is against the law. This is why you hear in the news of people getting arrested every six months or so for paying in $2 dollar bills. Or the classic of people being arrested for lawfully paying a debt in pennies.

But besides that point, why are all of you telling the cashiers that you are using gift cards? I just tell the cashier I need to pay $xxxx.xx amount but I need to use multiple cards. They then ask how much on each, but never ask to see the card. Only three times have I ever had a curious cashier ask why I was using so many cards. My answer was simply "I recently had fraud charges on my business account from an employee debit card, my bank reduced the daily purchase limit on all the cards attached to the account while they are investigating the theft. Thankfully, they were able to send me out a few additional cards to get around the per card problem." All three of the cashiers then remarked about how horrible that is, and what a great solution.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:48 pm

What's your point? If you want to keep the "secret" to yourself, fine. Why bother?

I want to gather as much information as I can. If you like re-inventing the wheels by yourself, I have no comment.
I just told you what to do. You're not doing anything illegal, so worrying about the police showing up is retarded. Walk in, say you want to pay your Amex, and then leave. It's really not that hard.

If you are concerned about if it will work or not, start with $50. I've done the process myself many times and am not trying to hide anything. Would you like arrows and circles?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:57 pm

[QUOTE=TheChallenge;20884516]But besides that point, why are all of you telling the cashiers that you are using gift cards?/QUOTE]

As I mentioned before, 2 out of 3 WM near me recently started store policy that "only TRUE debit card with your name on it" can be used for MO. Yes, I called the store managers in both times, and they are adamant on it. So each time they DEMAND to see the card before processing.

I did get some tips from other kind people that

-use stickers to hide "Gift"
-show them "TRUE" debit card and then quickly switch to GC

but what a pain...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:05 pm

I just told you what to do. You're not doing anything illegal, so worrying about the police showing up is retarded. Walk in, say you want to pay your Amex, and then leave. It's really not that hard.

If you are concerned about if it will work or not, start with $50. I've done the process myself many times and am not trying to hide anything. Would you like arrows and circles?
OK maybe I mis-understood you. But I'm not worrying about police. I just don't want to waste time to dirve to WM and be turned away (because of wrong payee name). If You are willing to share your information, and save me half hour, Thanks! Otherwise, there is really no point arguing more.

Last edited by shel; Jun 7, 2013 at 5:20 pm Reason: Clarify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.