Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:28 am

Has anyone ever witnessed a payment to Wells Fargo credit card (sent under "Visa") hitting your account the same day? Using WMBP, that is.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Has anyone ever witnessed a payment to Wells Fargo credit card (sent under "Visa") hitting your account the same day? Using WMBP, that is.
not in my experience. WMBP to WF, if done on a Monday-Thursday before 7PM EST, will free up the credit line by 10AM EST the next morning.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:18 pm

Situation developing...

Paid my A+ on 1/28 at 13:00 EST and payment still hasn't posted. It should have posted late last night/this morning, but nada. Has anyone experienced similar?

edit1: contacted CFP and was told there was an issue with payments on 1/28, and to expect a one business day delay in postings.

Last edited by us1549; Jan 30, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by us1549
Situation developing...

Paid my A+ on 1/28 at 13:00 EST and payment still hasn't posted. It should have posted late last night/this morning, but nada. Has anyone experienced similar?

edit1: contacted CFP and was told there was an issue with payments on 1/28, and to expect a one business day delay in postings.
I am still waiting for the payments to post. Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:32 am

My Wed 1/28 BP was a day late. It posted Friday night / Sat morning. It happens.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:42 pm

BofA Consumer Loans and Wells Fargo LOC no longer work at my local Wallys.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
you mean walmart right? People dont post locations for a reason, because they dont want tons of people visiting their home grounds. Is this news to you? It shouldnt be. Most people dont go "around to each location and take up 20 minutes of cashiers time". They tend to not go outside of their normal MS routes because if it didnt work, its not worth their time trying. But if they know its going to work, they might drive an hour or more (!) to get to a location that works. If they arent willing to do the legwork to begin with they should not reap the rewards the rest of us who are do. BTW, it takes less than a minute typically to check the bp system to see if the payee is in it.
Yes, I did mean WM, I don't check this thread all that often, and post frequently (some say too frequently ) on the RB thread.

But I beg to differ about the time factor. A couple of months ago, I went to a previously working WM to BP, and a very experienced cashier tried to find a way to "pay Visa", and couldn't find it. So she called over an even more experienced cashier, and they both looked for it. They read off every thing they could find (sears?) which took quite a while. When I realized there was no ability to "pay Visa" there, I tried to say "thanks for trying" but they really wanted to help. And since they knew it used to work, they kept at it long after I was ready to give up. Tied up two cashiers for about 20 minutes. Even with another cashier working, the line behind me got quite long.

A WM Market less than a mile away, with a clueless cashier, did my BP in less than 2 minutes. Why should people who don't want to drive to every WM within a hours drive be deemed unworthy of being informed of where BP still works? If that's the reasoning, why have FT at all? Do your own research, find out for yourself, and keep it to yourself seems to be in direct conflict with the very reason that FT exists in the first place. IMHO
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:46 pm

Multiple Card Issue at WM

Within the past week, WM BP is no longer allowing multiple debit card payment for the below scenario:

"Many choose $1998.12 as the amount of their WMBP debit card payments to their credit card. Many debit cards can only hold a maximum amount of $500. This amount, along with Wal-Mart's four swipe limit = $2000. The $1998.12 allows for the WMBP, $1.88, charge. "

I did however troubleshoot with the cashier enough to know that one transaction of 498.12 + 1.88 (fee) = $500 went through just fine.

This means the system is not allowing payments to be broken up resulting in $7.52 of fees per $2000 instead of the $1.88.

Anyone experiencing this same issue? Especially updates in the Southeast would be helpful as I am about to take a road trip and would like to continue my efforts on my trip.

Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by alhollis21
Within the past week, WM BP is no longer allowing
What does "allowing" mean ?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by alhollis21
Within the past week, WM BP is no longer allowing multiple debit card payment for the below scenario:

"Many choose $1998.12 as the amount of their WMBP debit card payments to their credit card. Many debit cards can only hold a maximum amount of $500. This amount, along with Wal-Mart's four swipe limit = $2000. The $1998.12 allows for the WMBP, $1.88, charge. "

I did however troubleshoot with the cashier enough to know that one transaction of 498.12 + 1.88 (fee) = $500 went through just fine.

This means the system is not allowing payments to be broken up resulting in $7.52 of fees per $2000 instead of the $1.88.

Anyone experiencing this same issue? Especially updates in the Southeast would be helpful as I am about to take a road trip and would like to continue my efforts on my trip.

Thanks.
My WM BP is still allowing to split the payment as of today. It might be the clueless cashier who doesn't know how to do it.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
My WM BP is still allowing to split the payment as of today. It might be the clueless cashier who doesn't know how to do it.
My WM BP can no longer split tender either as of 1/21 (one swipe BP working just fine). I don't believe this has anything to do with cluelessness.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
My WM BP can no longer split tender either as of 1/21 (one swipe BP working just fine). I don't believe this has anything to do with cluelessness.
I said "it might be the clueless cashier..."
Most of the time it's the cashier. Sorry it's not working at your WM.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
I think you have a noob cashier. Try someone else.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I think you have a noob cashier. Try someone else.
It failed with a cashier who's always handled my BP transactions at WM. Also failed on two separate occasions this week with other cashiers (one assistant manager, one moneycenter cashier), both with whom I have a long history doing BP/BB/MO.

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I said "it might be the clueless cashier..."
Most of the time it's the cashier. Sorry it's not working at your WM.
Thanks, glad it's still working for you. I wanted to put some support behind alhollis21's datapoint because not being able to split tender is a very real issue for me right now (3 WMs in the midwest that I've found so far, the rest don't have VISA/MC as payees). I didn't want his datapoint to be undermined by half a dozen posts offering basic troubleshooting tips like "try another cashier." Not trying to be catty, just trying to offer an opinion that cluelessness might not have anything to do with it.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:25 pm

if I want to pay Discover and FIA (AMEX) cards at WM, do I have to tell the cashier why method to use, or they usually know which method to use once they find the payee in the system?
to be safe, I better bring the paper bill, and credit card. is this correct? a printed statement will be okay, right? I chose paperless statement so I do not receive the statement in mail.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.