Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
I actually just heard of a workaround today from a WM assoicate. Usually it's the other way around with me telling them the latest ways to coax these machines into doing our bidding. To be fair, he learned this from a customer that came in over the weekend. The trick is for the person behind the register to press credit and cancel once you hit the block on the pinpad. We tried it and it didn't work. He swore that was the button combination the other customer told him, and it cleared up the block on the pinpad instantly. I was so happy after he told me about it, but so bummed when it didn't work. We tried making it work with numerous permutations, but eventually had to fall back to resetting the pinpad.

Any one know more about this? PM if necessary.
If anyone can comment, it would be great if you could do so on the forum...this is good info for a lot of people.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:56 pm

I did a $1.88 overnight payment to Visa for my southwest Chase card on Sunday afternoon. I still do not see the payment in my Chase account. Should I be worried?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by bugjuice11
I did a $1.88 overnight payment to Visa for my southwest Chase card on Sunday afternoon. I still do not see the payment in my Chase account. Should I be worried?
Next Day BP Posting Dates when paid before 7pm EST

All day Saturday/Sunday or Monday posts on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:24 pm

an update for anybody that runs into this in the future. The payment I made sunday night posted tonight. Tuesday night 10PM. Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by bugjuice11
an update for anybody that runs into this in the future. The payment I made sunday night posted tonight. Tuesday night 10PM. Thanks.
Or they could just read the wiki.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bank of America FIA AMEX card

Tried the Bank of America Consumer Loan Services today to pay FIA AMEX card as per the Wiki.

System would not accept it. CSR was very patient and redid it from the beginning, thinking she might have done a typo somewhere, but system still rejected the account, no go.

Has anyone paid FIA AMEX successfully lately? Any modification on the account number is needed?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Tried the Bank of America Consumer Loan Services today to pay FIA AMEX card as per the Wiki.

System would not accept it. CSR was very patient and redid it from the beginning, thinking she might have done a typo somewhere, but system still rejected the account, no go.

Has anyone paid FIA AMEX successfully lately? Any modification on the account number is needed?
I just ran into the same problem with FIA Amex tonight.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:36 pm

Same problem here paying bank of America consumer loans. Never had a problem before. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. I tried to pay both my fidelity amex and my bank of America credit card. Neither worked.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BofA failure happened at around 3pm today.

Hope this is a system issue only. I felt bad that my CSR patiently tried 2 times thinking she might have done something wrong.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Stopped at two different Wallys tonight to pay a Marriott Chase card.

I also do 'Best Buy - Chase'.

At the 1st one, she searched and it didn't come up. She even showed me the screen. And I've used BB - Chase at that store in the past.

At the 2nd, it came up, but when she chose it, it kicked out some sort of error that said 'That system doesn't exist' (or something like that). It was odd, b/c it was on the screen, but it wouldn't let her proceed.

Hopefully this is just a system glitch?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:35 pm

Had the same issue trying to pay my usual "Pentagon FCU" and "Wells Fargo (Line of Credit)" Visa cards. Had to instead select generic Visa for both.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:12 pm

BOA failed but visa worked.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:35 pm

as i reported about 3 weeks ago, one of my wm's lost the 3 day for $1 option for bestbuy-chase, while the other was fine.

the other one fell today- not even an option for chase under best buy anymore. the csr was personally trained and even showed me the monitor. in fact, under the 'frequently paid' short cut on their initial checkfree screen, it has 'best buy- chase', but when she clicks on it there is a 'not found' error. used it 2 days ago, so there has definitely been a software update since- which probably explains the other new issues mentioned.

death by a 1000 paper cuts. $1 to $1.88 is another in a growing list of things making various avenues less attractive...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Also confirm Best Buy - Chase is removed. Had to use Visa instead. FIA AMEX could not work with BOA consumer loans. Good times.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paid A+ with Mastercard network an hour ago. CSRs on duty at this location have NEVER done Checkfreepay before... 3 persons including a supervisor tried to figure out what to do - but a more competent CSR found the Mastercard, then on the data entry screen, the one who actually did the transaction turned the screen over to ask me if the name "MC/VISA" in the company's name box is correct. I said it was, although I had never seen their screen before but I figured it was MC/Visa - that must be the right one especially that was how the system pulled up after she hit Mastercard. We will see if the payment shows up on Saturday morning... Did not bother to try FIA AMEX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.