Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Filled in a few I know of for Southern Tier NY and Seattle. Would also be useful to have a comments space to note if there is no machine, or just out of order/9 digit pin-locked, and a place to report stores that dislike register loads.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by dehjli
Try www.bluebirdstatus.com. I hacked this site together for people to not only find kiosks, but also for people to report on whether the work or not... Kind of a social experiment.
Oh, and of course there really should be a big bold red flashing warning banner at the top reminding newbies to be considerate and not exceed the velocity limits!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Filled in a few I know of for Southern Tier NY and Seattle. Would also be useful to have a comments space to note if there is no machine, or just out of order/9 digit pin-locked, and a place to report stores that dislike register loads.
TBH, I think this is asking too much. Might be fair for everyone to do a little legwork and report results if they wish.

There are areas with stiff MS competition such that providing TMI to others will just make it easier for them to ruin it for others who do the legwork. JMO.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Oh, and of course there really should be a big bold red flashing warning banner at the top reminding newbies to be considerate and not exceed the velocity limits!
They won't mind it. Intentions are admirable, but this sort of tool will only accelerate the decline of remaining working Kates.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
They won't mind it. Intentions are admirable, but this sort of tool will only accelerate the decline of remaining working Kates.
That's a bleak outlook.

How about this? I could agree with you on this tool accelerating the decline of working machines. That doesn't mean that people won't mind a warning message. If it becomes a widely-known tool, then even new people will use it. New people could be taught to mind velocity limits and other practices. They're new, not necessarily uncaring. Not every person who would see the warning would automatically ignore it.

Again, I could agree with your last point, but that doesn't mean that the first point is valid.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Phantom707
TThat doesn't mean that people won't mind a warning message.
Oh sure they won't mind it. But if it's just some text they can glide by without paying attention, some will. Further assume that it's only circulated on FT and not the n00b blogs. Given that I will posit 90% compliance to be generous.

You add 10 new users to a local Kate, and only 1 of them is an idiot, they will lock it up for the rest of the day. CSM at most locations are busy and are more likely to put LANE CLOSED on a troublesome machine than mess with resolving it. And thus that one guy ruins it for the rest.

I work in IT Security. I've had educated people, where we send out an email saying "If you get an email like below, where you are directed to supply your password to someone, don't do it!" and we included a sample phish. A startling number sent us their credentials. Because they skipped over the warning up top. You say bleak, I say realistic. Maybe if had to take quiz before allowing queries it'd help.

At most of my WM locations, I hit multiple registers in different areas of the store and load what I need no problems. Generally I go at a time of day where I can walk up to cashiers with little or no wait, and they are often faster than Kate. If there is a working Kate there, it's nice because it adds one more stop on my circuit. So I'm not going to argue this is the end of MS world in any case.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Nov 9, 2015 at 8:30 pm
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:57 pm

So, there's someone in the North Florida region who updated, on 11/25/2015 at 2:05 PM, the status of the kiosk that I use. I've legitimately been surprised to find people in this area who know about MS. PM me if you want to discuss local things.

Also, thank you again to dehjli for making the site!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by dehjli
Try www.bluebirdstatus.com. I hacked this site together for people to not only find kiosks, but also for people to report on whether the work or not... Kind of a social experiment.
Appreciate the site. Hard to find places close to NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.