Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks?

Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks?

Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by SexyTurtle
There are two Walmarts in my area with kiosks. The one in the ghetto? Always broken. The one in the nice part of town? Always working (knock on wood). Makes my choice very easy.
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
I'd say that is the case in my area as well, except that the one in the nicer neighborhood doesn't have a kiosk.
Yes, I can see how these are two very similar situations!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I had success just calling the store.

"Hi, do you have a Bluebird kiosk?"

"Yes."

"Is it working right now?"

"Let me check."

(pause)

"Yes."

"Thank you."
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by cbn42
I had success just calling the store.

"Hi, do you have a Bluebird kiosk?"

"Yes."

"Is it working right now?"

"Let me check."

(pause)

"Yes."

"Thank you."
Which department did you ask for? Last time I called I got transferred and put on hold so many time I finally just give up.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by j-rad
I'm trying to find a Walmart with a ATM/kiosk to load my bluebird card, but I've checked three so far with no luck. Is there a locator online or does anyone know of any in CT?
You can always call and ask.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by ylin
Which department did you ask for? Last time I called I got transferred and put on hold so many time I finally just give up.
I didn't ask for any department... the person who answered the phone gave me the information I needed. I have only done this once, so maybe I just got lucky.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:41 pm

MoneyPass

Have anyone tried loading into BB on any MoneyPass ATM other than the one located on Walmart. I see lot of MoneyPass ATM near my area but not on the Walmart.
Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by ylin
Call during nonpeak hours (like the middle of the night). That's what I did.

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Have anyone tried loading into BB on any MoneyPass ATM other than the one located on Walmart. I see lot of MoneyPass ATM near my area but not on the Walmart.
Thanks.
Won't work. It's been mentioned before on the megathread (>200 pages). You have to use a WM MoneyCenter kiosk.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:11 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by Superorb
Another thanks here. I was wasting so much time driving to Walmarts just to find out none of them have the ATM except 1 store. And Denver is a HUGE city!

Now we just need to find a way to do a single $1,000 load with several split tenders since I've still got a stack of OM $100 Visa GCs. Otherwise it takes me 10-15mins with 10 transactions.
======================
I'd buy one large money order for $999.xx at my grocer and put that one in the bank. JMO.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:58 pm

They definitely need to add those MoneyCenter Express kiosks at every Walmart. It makes absolutely no sense to not have them.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
can someone clarify something for me...

People hunt these kiosks to unload GCs without a CSR giving you hassle and is typically free.

There are no kiosks around me, so I can go to the nearest Wally Word and go to a cashier and dump $1k onto my serve from a prepaid that does not say GIFT CARD ... will that still be free or will that have a load fee?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Yes, still free, if you can get them to do it.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
can someone clarify something for me...

People hunt these kiosks to unload GCs without a CSR giving you hassle and is typically free.

There are no kiosks around me, so I can go to the nearest Wally Word and go to a cashier and dump $1k onto my serve from a prepaid that does not say GIFT CARD ... will that still be free or will that have a load fee?
Originally Posted by bribro
Maybe it's just my luck, but i've only loaded two NON-VRs to my BB account, naturally both of them at Wal-Mart.

1st was a USBank Variable MC (loaded at the Service Center)
2nd was this morning, a Vanilla GC (loaded at a register)

Both were loaded with to my BB account, the first time the transaction goes through its says there was an error, I swipe my card again, and it works with the receipt printed out showing my new BB balance!

-jeremy
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by bribro
No kiosks at Walmarts in CT, but haven't had one problem using a cashier. Its actually been much better than I expected.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:16 am

Walmart removed my Go-to Kiosk as of today. Asst mgr said they removed it for good.
It is still showing as a location in the search today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.