Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5x UR Points for Lowe's gift cards still OK?

Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:53 am
Original Poster

I was planning on getting a couple of $500 Lowe's gift cards on the UR mall and using them for some in-store purchases so I'd earn 2500 UR points. When I went to the UR Mall and clicked to go to the Lowes site, I saw the following:

Ultimate Rewards Mall Terms & Conditions
By shopping online through the Ultimate Rewards Mall you are acknowledging you have read and agree to the program terms and conditions.
Lowe's Terms & Conditions
Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Not eligible using promo codes that aren't listed on this site. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible for reward

Seems to exclude Lowes gift card purchases from the 5x bonus. Anyone know what's up with this?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Originally Posted by upgrader
I was planning on getting a couple of $500 Lowe's gift cards on the UR mall and using them for some in-store purchases so I'd earn 2500 UR points. When I went to the UR Mall and clicked to go to the Lowes site, I saw the following:

Ultimate Rewards Mall Terms & Conditions
By shopping online through the Ultimate Rewards Mall you are acknowledging you have read and agree to the program terms and conditions.
Lowe's Terms & Conditions
Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Not eligible using promo codes that aren't listed on this site. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible for reward

Seems to exclude Lowes gift card purchases from the 5x bonus. Anyone know what's up with this?
Hasn't this been there for awhile now?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:23 am

Check out recent posts by frequent miler...
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Actually, I tried this approach as a result of reading Frequent MIler's excellent blog and his recent post on this. Just checking to see if something had changed in the last few days.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Actually, I tried this approach as a result of reading Frequent MIler's excellent blog and his recent post on this. Just checking to see if something had changed in the last few days.
Did you not get the 5X points then?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Haven't tried it yet - that's why I'm asking if anyone has done this recently and received the 5x.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:28 am
Suspended

Got OD nearby?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...ent-gift-card/
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:31 pm

Haven't tried it yet - that's why I'm asking if anyone has done this recently and received the 5x.
Try it and report back. The worst that'll happen is you'll get 1X points on your CC for the purchase and you'll still end up with your Lowes GCs.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:54 pm

I did it last week. It still works.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, United Silver
Originally Posted by jm38750n
I did it last week. It still works.
You were able to get UR points when purchasing lowes GC's through UR mall??
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
Do you have a OD/Staples near by? They usually lowe's cards
Originally Posted by zbmedina
You were able to get UR points when purchasing lowes GC's through UR mall??
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rambo
Do you have a OD/Staples near by? They usually lowe's cards
I think it's part of a more elaborate scheme for 10-15x miles per dollar using OD and UR mall.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Frequent Miler has confirmed physical gift cards have been working for the 5X UR Mall points. If you have the Chase Freedom card and go through the mall you should earn 10X points or 10,000 total points for two $500 gift cards.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, United Silver
Originally Posted by Biblioman1
Frequent Miler has confirmed physical gift cards have been working for the 5X UR Mall points. If you have the Chase Freedom card and go through the mall you should earn 10X points or 10,000 total points for two $500 gift cards.
Thats great! Already have HI cards, i wonder if I could use at UR Mall to purchase lowes GC for a 15x once GC are used for purchases.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
And I can now confirm that the double dip worked. I bought 2 $100 gcs with Chase Freedom and got the 1,000 UR points, plus just received an email confirmation that I just earned 1,000 points for the purchase through the UR mall. Now to go back in through the mall and purchase $100 or so of merchandise with the gift card to see if I get another 500 points on a triple dip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.