Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: Can the One Vanilla prepaid Visa GCs be used to fund BB?
I'm talking about the non-reloadable ones that you can load up to $500 on for a $4.95 fee:

I've read conflicting reports...some say yes, others no.
I did it at WM without any issues, both from the machine and also at the money center.

WJ
Quote: I tried buying green dot moneypaks with a credit card once at walmart and once at 711, failed on both.

But I bet CVS would sell them, I never bothered because I would rather go with the cheaper VRs or paypal cash card for 3.95 vs 4.95 for moneypaks.
Charlie victor sierra won't...
Well i made my first boneheaded move. Paying bills with BB and i have a credit card and car loan at the same bank. I sent my car payment in and then the next day went to pay the credit card and inadvertently sent another 1k to my car payment instead of the credit card. Of course the bank can't just move the money from one account to the other.. That would just be too easy. They say "they tried to reverse the payment and send it back to the originating bank" but it was refused by BB.. So worst case i am 3 months ahead on my car payments. (which i also caught them in the fact they reversed it as a payment and changed it to a principal payment when they tried to send it back to BB) So i have to wait a few days to see how its going to play out.
Quote: But I bet CVS would sell them, I never bothered because I would rather go with the cheaper VRs or paypal cash card for 3.95 vs 4.95 for moneypaks.
No, they won't. VRs - no problem (except one store for me), Green Dot - no way. Same for Rite Aid and Walgreens.
This blogger has had success at rite aid...but like I said I never have tried at CVS:

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/05/the-...prepaid-cards/
delete
Curious about this as well
Quote:
Quote: Another way to put it is, "Can I keep writing ordinary (but large) bank checks to my SO who lives at the same address?"

Replace BB with your regular bank and ask again - would you dare ?
regular bank? why not?
made multiple cash deposits into my accounts...and i have no problems.
why would you scare about it? as long as it is not 10k deposit in cash...

It is not the bank that i am worried..it is BB that i am concerned to get shut down.
Our names are completely different but we both have BB and BB checks with same address. Should we not write checks to one another?
Quote: Our names are completely different but we both have BB and BB checks with same address. Should we not write checks to one another?
I would do what you are comfortable with. I think that leaves you more likely to get shut down.
I must say, BBs bill pay is outstanding. I haven't had one hiccup or delay. It is delivered on time every time. Long live beans and gcs with pins.
Quote: I did it at WM without any issues, both from the machine and also at the money center.

WJ
Did you set a pin or just you the last 4 digits of the card as the pin?
Quote: Did you set a pin or just you the last 4 digits of the card as the pin?
Have you read the package of the card?
Quote: Just purchased my first Vanilla Prepaid Reload at CVS. Loaded it to my Bluebird--after customer service informed me that the account number to use was my Bluebird number (my stupidity).

Paid a bill immediately after loading the Bluebird.

I am in the game!
Me too. I bought my first-ever VR card today. ^ Actually, it's a CVS that's near my workplace - I go there frequently or to buy items, greeting cards and misc items. For the longest time (basically, ever since VR was introduced), those cards are not in stock. I was there to buy a Father's Day greeting card and wanted to grab a gift card to go along with it when lo and behold, I located a stack of vanilla reload cards! I was surprised.

I plucked out one from the stack and brought it to the cashier, not confident if the transaction will be declined (happened the first time I tried it some weeks ago at another CVS). This time, it worked like a charm! Loading it to BB was pretty easy too.

Don't think I will abuse it and will only buy what I need when I need it (for petty bills here and there, i.e. regular uses, and not so much for manufactured spend). I have no illusion that VR supply will be available when I go there next time, but oh well. I just wanted to try it out having heard so much about VR on the blog-o-sphere.
Quote: I must say, BBs bill pay is outstanding. I haven't had one hiccup or delay. It is delivered on time every time. Long live beans and gcs with pins.
Magic Beans, Live Long & Prosper \\ // /
Quote: Me too. I bought my first-ever VR card today. ^ Actually, it's a CVS that's near my workplace - I go there frequently or to buy items, greeting cards and misc items. For the longest time (basically, ever since VR was introduced), those cards are not in stock. I was there to buy a Father's Day greeting card and wanted to grab a gift card to go along with it when lo and behold, I located a stack of vanilla reload cards! I was surprised.

I plucked out one from the stack and brought it to the cashier, not confident if the transaction will be declined (happened the first time I tried it some weeks ago at another CVS). This time, it worked like a charm! Loading it to BB was pretty easy too.

Don't think I will abuse it and will only buy what I need when I need it (for petty bills here and there, i.e. regular uses, and not so much for manufactured spend). I have no illusion that VR supply will be available when I go there next time, but oh well. I just wanted to try it out having heard so much about VR on the blog-o-sphere.
I now have a photo of a VR prepaid card on my phone and show it to one of the cashiers at CVS whenever I can't find them in the gift card/prepaid card racks. Half the time, the cashier knows where they are and they are NOT on the rack. The rest of the time, they are either sold out or are not carried by that store ("we've never carried those at our store"). YMMV.
Green Dots can be loaded to AccountNow and that also has a billpay that lets you pay off the funding credit card.
35  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  55  95  145