Wiki Posts
Search

2% profit + points at Best Buy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
was told they stopped carrying visa gcs
i didnt see at mine
bought five 200 VGCs, paid with four amex CCS @ 250 each and the fees with Citi dcb. got confirmation instantly from amex sync.

try another branch, they still sell them.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
On Aug. 28, some important changes to our Terms will take effect. These include changes in how members receive points through our My Best Buy loyalty program. Elite Plus members and those who use their My Best Buy credit card will see no impact on how they receive points.

•My Best Buy members currently receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.

•My Best Buy Elite members currently receive 1.1 points for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 1 point for every $1 spent.

•My Best Buy Elite Plus members currently receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There is no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...at311100050001
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:00 pm

I wonder how VGCs will post. In the past, the regular members received 1 pt/$ spend, but the VGC's didn't receive elite points above 1 pt/$. I wonder if this makes VGC purchases drop down to a "base" of 0.5 pt/$ and nothing else. I'll surely test it out, though.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Thanks for posting this. I got that email this morning, read it but didn't see anything that seemed like it affected me so I promptly dismissed it. I like how they conveniently make you click on the T&C's to see that their point structure is getting an overhaul. That's pretty shady.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Newgene
I wonder how VGCs will post. In the past, the regular members received 1 pt/$ spend, but the VGC's didn't receive elite points above 1 pt/$. I wonder if this makes VGC purchases drop down to a "base" of 0.5 pt/$ and nothing else. I'll surely test it out, though.
That would really suck if the "base" goes down to 0.5 pt/$ (and no bonus for Elite status on VGCs). It would basically wipe out any returns that covered the very high fee on $200. No point in MS there apart from the occasional Amex offer

Originally Posted by skitch23
Thanks for posting this. I got that email this morning, read it but didn't see anything that seemed like it affected me so I promptly dismissed it. I like how they conveniently make you click on the T&C's to see that their point structure is getting an overhaul. That's pretty shady.
DEVALUED
E
V
A
L
U
E
D
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:35 am

I consider the bby reward points as icing on the cake when sync offers come twice a year. from last year's VGC haul,I got a 125 samsung microSD card (msrp 58.99 ad matched to amz 39.xx) and portable cellphone battery (22.99 no ad match since their price was lower) and OOP was 2.17 after scanning the rewards certificate. DH grinned like a possum when he saw the totals

I don't buy anything extra aside from VGCs on several am3x CCs to earn the rewards. I just bank them and when I have accumulated enough, I tell DH I'd buy his "toy" up to a certain amount and that makes him really happy. a happy DH makes me twice happier especially if I don't pay much for it ; )

those who aren't aware, bby will ad match amazon's price (like tgt does) as long as it's not sold by FBA.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Anyone else notice that recent VGC purchases no longer count towards spend for elite status?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:59 am

Any insight on getting BBY points on BBY gcs. I am their top level elite bt never bought gift card in store. Tx
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Anyone else notice that recent VGC purchases no longer count towards spend for elite status?
Purchased in mid july counted towards it fo rme.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:15 pm

What are you planning on using the BBY GC for after you purchase them?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Purchased in mid july counted towards it fo rme.
My visa gift card purchases were this month (Aug) and it appears they do not count towards status.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by joejoe2
My visa gift card purchases were this month (Aug) and it appears they do not count towards status.
When did you purchase them, it can take up to 3 weeks or more to track.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Have not noticed yet. Just spent $2K on Gcs; will report back if it does / does not count after 15 days.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I've got purchases dating back to 8/7. Rewards have posted from pending, but still nothing going towards spend. Bears keeping a watch on if this is a permanent thing.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:56 pm

I've got purchases dating back to 8/7. Rewards have posted from pending, but still nothing going towards spend. Bears keeping a watch on if this is a permanent thing.
would really suck if true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.