Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by groobie
$15 off the register, but it isn't working for many people. I had the offer on my smartphone at the register which the cashier looked at, but he even told me that many people have had problems with it, so he just did an override and manually took the $15 off. So this can end up being used more than once.
Same experience on 5/11. Didn't work, showed offer on phone, and got a manual $15 off.

BTW, should this new offer get its own thread?

Last edited by jmdeng; May 12, 2013 at 12:36 am Reason: New thread?
Old May 12, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Stubtify
I've linked the offer to my card, but it isn't clear to me if this is $15 off the gift card purchase? Or a coupon off a future order of $X? I read it as15 off the purchase...
This was my experience today at a Safeway in the DC Metro area:

1. Selected the $15 off offer via Just4U savings on safeway.com
2. Entered my Just4U-linked phone number at the register
3. Purchased 1x $100 MC Gift Card as a separate transaction (not necessary, but easier to see the math)
4. Paid for it with my ancient but handy UA MP Select Visa for 2x UA miles on groceries
5. Adjusted price was $90.95 ($100 + $5.95 activation - $15 instant coupon)
6. Was asked to show ID to ensure it matched my CC (store policy?)
7. Sadly, MC CG does not credit towards monthly Gas Reward points

All told, it's paying $90.95 for $100 and takes about 2 minutes of time. I happened to also earn 181 miles to boot.
Old May 12, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by groobie
$15 off the register, but it isn't working for many people. I had the offer on my smartphone at the register which the cashier looked at, but he even told me that many people have had problems with it, so he just did an override and manually took the $15 off. So this can end up being used more than once.
Does not work for me, tried two different stores, at the second store did not work at register, sent to CS. CS only let me get $100, not $500, There it did not automatically show up, so I was given $15 cash for the $100 card. Still in my profile was unused, but does not work.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Does not work for me, tried two different stores, at the second store did not work at register, sent to CS. CS only let me get $100, not $500, There it did not automatically show up, so I was given $15 cash for the $100 card. Still in my profile was unused, but does not work.
I was successful purchasing the $500 and received the $15 off.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Purchased $500 for $490.95 at Safeway. But did not work at WM for BB load
Old May 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
This was my experience today at a Safeway in the DC Metro area:

1. Selected the $15 off offer via Just4U savings on safeway.com
2. Entered my Just4U-linked phone number at the register
3. Purchased 1x $100 MC Gift Card as a separate transaction (not necessary, but easier to see the math)
4. Paid for it with my ancient but handy UA MP Select Visa for 2x UA miles on groceries
5. Adjusted price was $90.95 ($100 + $5.95 activation - $15 instant coupon)
6. Was asked to show ID to ensure it matched my CC (store policy?)
7. Sadly, MC CG does not credit towards monthly Gas Reward points

All told, it's paying $90.95 for $100 and takes about 2 minutes of time. I happened to also earn 181 miles to boot.
What city were you in? I got rejected today at a store I was rejected at a month or two ago but this time by a different cashier. I was told all Visa/MC/Amex GCs are cash only no credit or debit. Pretty stupid policy. I'll try another store...grr
Old May 13, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
It should work to load BB.

If it is a metabank card, the reader processes it as a credit by default, so after you swipe the card, a button will come up to change payment type, touch it and then choose debit (this has to be done real fast, otherwise your transaction will get rejected). Check the other thread Pin with gift cards which has more details.

Or PM me (send a picture of the card) if you still have any issues.

Originally Posted by murtuza
Purchased $500 for $490.95 at Safeway. But did not work at WM for BB load
Old May 15, 2013, 12:52 pm

New Offer: Safeway Just4U app gave me an offer for $10 off an American Express gift card of $100 or more.

Can't get a PIN with it, but it's still $5 free money plus the points. Can be liquidated via AP. Check your offers this week.
Old May 15, 2013, 1:49 pm

Got it! Thanks for sharing!

Anyone have any other options for liquidating these Amex cards? Liquidating via AP is an OK, but not great, method..... because it simply eats up some of your $1,000/month limit that you can easily use with another card. There is no net gain in manufactured spending, so the only gain is the $5 profit.

Any ideas? Bueller?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Got it! Thanks for sharing!

Anyone have any other options for liquidating these Amex cards? Liquidating via AP is an OK, but not great, method..... because it simply eats up some of your $1,000/month limit that you can easily use with another card. There is no net gain in manufactured spending, so the only gain is the $5 profit.

Any ideas? Bueller?
Target Amex
Old May 15, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Got some new Tom Thumb club cards today in TX and signed them up for J4U and the MC deal isn't showing???? I didn't think this was regional (used a SoCal Vons card at Tom Thumb and got the discount which I had earlier loaded). TT is the local Safeway affiliate and it shows other deals, like the recently posted Amex deal. Did the MC deal get pulled early, or is it missing unique to the TT cards?
Old May 15, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Got some new Tom Thumb club cards today in TX and signed them up for J4U and the MC deal isn't showing???? I didn't think this was regional (used a SoCal Vons card at Tom Thumb and got the discount which I had earlier loaded). TT is the local Safeway affiliate and it shows other deals, like the recently posted Amex deal. Did the MC deal get pulled early, or is it missing unique to the TT cards?
MC deal got pulled on Monday, although if you had it loaded before Monday, you can still get it.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:50 am
jmw

Looks like the new deal is the Paypal Prepaid Mastercard with the $4.95 load fee waived.

Any safe way to liquidate this one other than real spending, which I could use a better rewards card instead? I got a lot of legit activity in my Paypal and would not want to lose my account.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by jmw
Looks like the new deal is the Paypal Prepaid Mastercard with the $4.95 load fee waived.

Any safe way to liquidate this one other than real spending, which I could use a better rewards card instead? I got a lot of legit activity in my Paypal and would not want to lose my account.
What is illegit about buying a Paypal card from the store and loading it on to Paypal?
Old May 29, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Can one avoid the 'registration' process on the PP debit card and use them like any of our other favorite PIN enabled GC's ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.