Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Just went to the store to get some rations and this coupon came up ...

"Buy $100 in MasterCard Gift Cards and get $10 off your next shopping visit."

Would be useful to those with grocery bonus categories.

This coupon popped up at a VONS store in Los Angeles. Would have tried it but technically doesn't start until tomorrow.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
When will Vons come to Jersey?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
That wouldn't be worth it, since the cost of the $100 gift card is almost as much as the $10 off. You might make a few bucks.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
That wouldn't be worth it, since the cost of the $100 gift card is almost as much as the $10 off. You might make a few bucks.
Free money is still worth it in my book. Plus in the past safeway allowed the higher denomination versions to go through as well.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:36 am
Suspended

Therewas a deal for15 $ off $100= 2 $50 visa gc. I tried with the $100 one and it didn't take off the $15. These are not worth buying due to up to $6.95 in fee per card
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Except you have a better chance of being hit by a plane than find a Safeway that will accept a credit card for the purchase of a prepaid.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Except you have a better chance of being hit by a plane than find a Safeway that will accept a credit card for the purchase of a prepaid.
Never have had a problem in CA.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
Sounds like Safeways in South Cal accept credit card for prepaid.

I'm in NorCal and Safeways where I have visited do not want to get paid by credit card....
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by amolkold
All the Puget Sound area Safeways I've tried (although I was pointed to one possible location via PM I will try later this month) not only refused credit cards, but looked at me like I was Al Capone for even trying it.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
I was in Von's this morning. I didn't risk buying a card to see if the discount applied but the was no signage and although I got a bunch of coupons with my receipt there was nothing about a GC offer.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:29 pm

I'm thinking about doing this one. The way I would do it is to use my AMEX BCP to buy the $100 MC GC + pay the $5.95 fee. I get 6% cash back on grocery purchases, so that's a shade over $6, basically cancelling out the GC processing fee.

What I get in return is a $10 Vons coupon (good for 2 wks in the past). However, I would still need to liquidate the MC GC. Now that my local VR sellers aren't allowing GC for payment anymore, the best ways to liquidate the MC GC would be Amazon Payments or Target AMEX. This is too much work for a $10 coupon, but if I could do it 3-4 times, it would be worth it.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:56 pm

my local safeway running ads $15 off for 2 $50 gift cards...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
All the Puget Sound area Safeways I've tried (although I was pointed to one possible location via PM I will try later this month) not only refused credit cards, but looked at me like I was Al Capone for even trying it.
Never had a problem at any of the Safeways on the Eastside.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN
Never had a problem at any of the Safeways on the Eastside.
Maybe I need to venture further north.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm thinking about doing this one. The way I would do it is to use my AMEX BCP to buy the $100 MC GC + pay the $5.95 fee. I get 6% cash back on grocery purchases, so that's a shade over $6, basically cancelling out the GC processing fee.

What I get in return is a $10 Vons coupon (good for 2 wks in the past). However, I would still need to liquidate the MC GC. Now that my local VR sellers aren't allowing GC for payment anymore, the best ways to liquidate the MC GC would be Amazon Payments or Target AMEX. This is too much work for a $10 coupon, but if I could do it 3-4 times, it would be worth it.
Amex doesn't seem to be giving full cb on my Safeway purchases. 90% of my "grocery store spend" is buying GCs at Safeway, yet only seem to getting 6% cb on about half my purchases. I kept trying because I was occasionally getting gas rewards on my GC purchases, but haven't been getting them recently. My Amex Blue spend has slowed way down as a result.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.