One Vanilla MO problems...

Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
One Vanilla MO problems...

Hi folks. Today I tried to purchase some MOs using One Vanilla cards. The first transacation was for $2K. the first three cards went thru fine. The fourth woudn't work. I tried two more OV cards, but neither would work. Had to bust out a "real" debit card.

Went to another store and tried to purchase MOs with some other OV cards. None would take.

FWIW, I purchased 5K of OVGCs in a single transaction. These are the cards I was trying to use.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did the Vanilla company recognize these unique numbers were all just purchased moments before, on a single transaction?

This has been my typical MS pattern with no problems before today. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Possibility that the barcode strips on the cards are bad, call in and verify the balance. Chances are you will need to Amazon Payment them....
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
When that happens I reset the PIN online, then go to my local supermarket and buy something under a dollar and set a new pin on the pad. Then go and buy the MO.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I couldn't get cash back for my $1 debit purchase at Wally's using a VGC today.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by g1ant
When that happens I reset the PIN online, then go to my local supermarket and buy something under a dollar and set a new pin on the pad. Then go and buy the MO.
How do you set a PIN for OV online? I've always used any 4 numbers at the keypad. Never a problem.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
I've never been able to get cashback with OV.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:43 pm

I just did 7500 in money orders today at Wallys with OV. No problem. I am going to cool off though. Because I don't want to piss off either my bank - or my card issuers.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Not sure on timing, but typically OVGCs need about 2 hrs after purchase to be fully activated. I've had the same problem as carsonheim when trying to liquidate right after purchase. A couple OV cards work but a couple didn't. The non working ones worked the next morning.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by silver4300
How do you set a PIN for OV online? I've always used any 4 numbers at the keypad. Never a problem.
I din't say that you did set a PIN online. I said that you RESET the PIN.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by arrek
Not sure on timing, but typically OVGCs need about 2 hrs after purchase to be fully activated. I've had the same problem as carsonheim when trying to liquidate right after purchase. A couple OV cards work but a couple didn't. The non working ones worked the next morning.
I seldom ever wait 2 hours...I typically leave with cards and unload all within 30 minutes tops
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Originally Posted by arrek
I seldom ever wait 2 hours...I typically leave with cards and unload all within 30 minutes tops
I've even walked across the street with a freshly purchased card and bought a MO.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:31 pm

I haven't had a problem with unloading within 30 minutes of purchase either. Done 6 OVs this week so far without a problem
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:54 pm

I got 99 problems but a One Vanilla ain't one.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
wrong thread?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Hi folks. Today I tried to purchase some MOs using One Vanilla cards. The first transacation was for $2K. the first three cards went thru fine. The fourth woudn't work. I tried two more OV cards, but neither would work. Had to bust out a "real" debit card.

Went to another store and tried to purchase MOs with some other OV cards. None would take.

FWIW, I purchased 5K of OVGCs in a single transaction. These are the cards I was trying to use.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did the Vanilla company recognize these unique numbers were all just purchased moments before, on a single transaction?

This has been my typical MS pattern with no problems before today. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
For Wally MO transaction, the maximum swipe is three. Your fouth swipe will fail the entire transaction. Suggest you break your purchase into two!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.