Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What design card did you buy?
I bought the VGC "Balls" version. I received 1X gas points.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by slack455
My ad for the week has a paper $5 off $50 purchase. I snagged a handfull extra after my successful GC purchase
Similarly, a $20 off $75 coupon I got in the mail (probably a targeted/regional thing) worked on the new balls variable gc (I bought some groceries too, but not $75 of them) (and it gave fuel points).

Now I've got a bunch of fuel rewards, but no Vons/Safeway gas stations near me (there's Chevron, but at 20 cents max discount I won't fill up there enough to use all the rewards before they expire). Is there anything useful I can do with these fuel rewards?

Last edited by sbft77; Jul 20, 2015 at 2:21 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by sbft77
Now I've got a bunch of fuel rewards, but no Vons/Safeway gas stations near me (there's Chevron, but at 20 cents max discount I won't fill up there enough to use all the rewards before they expire). Is there anything useful I can do with these fuel rewards?
What about taking a road trip in areas that have Safeways, Randalls, ect? That is assuming they work outside your home area. Maybe you have friends or relatives that can take advantage of it.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbft77
Donate them to a friend.

Chevron pumps I've used, it's faster if you swipe, but they will accept punching in the Safeway Rewards # on the keypad too. The mag-stripe on my card is ruined, so I have to do this every time. Give a friend, the number off your card and they'd be saving 20 cents per gallon on each fill.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Picked up a variable Visa with the package that looks like woven carbon fiber and earned fuel points.

I suspect that Safeway will be playing wack-a-mole with all of these new SKUs.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Picked up a variable Visa with the package that looks like woven carbon fiber and earned fuel points.

I suspect that Safeway will be playing wack-a-mole with all of these new SKUs.
The black one? I distinctly remember not getting any with those.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:49 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
What about taking a road trip in areas that have Safeways, Randalls, ect? That is assuming they work outside your home area. Maybe you have friends or relatives that can take advantage of it.
I have used them outside of my home area with no problems. That's another opportunity to help out non-local friends and family too.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
Could someone upload a picture of what kind of variable card was eligible for the fuel points?
thanks
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by vinhboy
There used to be a version with a card with a similar design. This one had our standard sparkly gray one.

I didn't notice the picture on the package and was disappointed.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by vinhboy
I just got fuel points for one with a black and gray, sort of diamond-shaped grid. I don't see any way to upload a pic but the package was vaguely similar to this design: . I haven't seen any other designs that are even close, so if you see one that looks similar then that's probably it.

Edit: the image doesn't appear to be showing up, here's the link: https://www.giftcardmall.com/visa-gi...visa-gift-card
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by facehu
Could someone upload a picture of what kind of variable card was eligible for the fuel points?
thanks
I'm not generally one for bashing spoonfeeding, but there's plenty of info in the last two pages of this thread with descriptions of new packaging, gas reward earning VGCs. Go buy a few based off what you read and see what works or doesn't, a little bit of trial and error goes a long ways.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
thanks. the link helps lots to see how the card looks.

Originally Posted by Wonko
I just got fuel points for one with a black and gray, sort of diamond-shaped grid. I don't see any way to upload a pic but the package was vaguely similar to this design: . I haven't seen any other designs that are even close, so if you see one that looks similar then that's probably it.

Edit: the image doesn't appear to be showing up, here's the link: https://www.giftcardmall.com/visa-gi...visa-gift-card
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Bought the new one with balloon design. No fuel points were given.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:14 am

I earned fuel points on the black card at a store about 15 miles away but none at a nearby store for the same product. ETA: My mistake, other card had a keyboard on the packaging.

http://i61.tinypic.com/sw4az9.jpg

Last edited by diseased; Aug 6, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Is there a daily limit on VGC at Vons/Pavillion? I have read somewhere that if you buy over $1500 VGC, the register will tell "cash only." The register wont tell if you stay under $1500. Please let me know if I am correct. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.