Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:52 am

Under $500 no override?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:53 am

I went to a Vons earlier today to buy some VGCs and went to the customer service desk to try to purchase them. The customer service lady first asked me how I would pay for it and I said "credit" and then said couldn't let me buy the VGCs citing that the VGCs were "credit cards". She said "you can't buy "credit cards" with credit". What a retarded statement. I remember someone said the same thing earlier in this thread about experiencing a situation where the customer service worker stated that you can't buy "credit cards" with "credit". I wonder if it was just by coincidence the same person we ran into.

Either way I just gave her a puzzled look and gently pushed back and said that they weren't "credit cards" but "debit cards" but she insisted she was correct. Oh well, didn't push hard and just went about my way. What just annoys me is that they are incorrectly categorizing what a credit card is. You can't buy a credit card off the shelf at a grocery store or anywhere without doing a credit history check. That is just not how it works.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Oct 6, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Yes, under $500 does not require override. As to what I buy...I watch the ad for better prices and stock up on frequently used items, Smart water 6 pks, paper goods, markdowns if useful, bottled water and sparkling water, toothpaste. I cut coupons too. Check the mobile app for further discounts and gas pts deals.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:54 pm

Tomorrow is the last day of this current promotion.

To make matters worse, the "cash only" disease has slowly spread to all of the cashiers at my local Safeway.

I was already depressed over the demise of Amazon Payments. Bummer.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:03 pm

This disease is highly contagious !!! becoming an epidemic.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:09 pm

Safeway/VONS - coupons w/ purchase of Gift Cards [Recurring]

Heads up-saw the upcoming ad advertising a $10 off cat for a 100+ GC purchase. MC maybe?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
Probably $25 minimum purchase.

Edit: Yep its MC
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
Probably $25 minimum purchase.

Edit: Yep its MC
From the WeeklyAd:

Get $10 off your next shopping order

Variable Card excluded. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, and conditions and (if applicable) any fees. While supplies last. No Rain Checks. Limit one coupon per transaction per when you buy $100 or more in day. Coupon cannot be used towards the purchase of gift cards. Product offer may not be available in all states. The MasterCard Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a MasterCard gift cards license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Offer valid 11/5/14-12/2/14
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:07 am

yep, got the promo print out today. my recollection is that the last MC coupon was not only 10/25, but also was hard coded not to print for variables, as per the ad.

note, once AGAIN, false advertised with '$10 off your next shopping order' with no stated minimum purchase until AFTER purchase. given what sticklers for rules safew2ay has become, you'd think someone might be concerned- since this is clearly a known known by now.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
yep, got the promo print out today. my recollection is that the last MC coupon was not only 10/25, but also was hard coded not to print for variables, as per the ad.

note, once AGAIN, false advertised with '$10 off your next shopping order' with no stated minimum purchase until AFTER purchase. given what sticklers for rules safew2ay has become, you'd think someone might be concerned- since this is clearly a known known by now.
Hopefully it will be $10 off 10, if not, at $10 off 25 this one is pretty useless, unless like last time a $200 card printed two coupons
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:52 am

What's the fee for a $100 card?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
What's the fee for a $100 card?
$5.95 for $100. I haven't seen $200 MC but VGC are $6.95.
This is only worthy if you can get $200MC and have two coupons print.
Every time I see this promotion I shed a tear with the loss of gas rewards
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
$5.95 for $100. I haven't seen $200 MC but VGC are $6.95.
This is only worthy if you can get $200MC and have two coupons print.
Every time I see this promotion I shed a tear with the loss of gas rewards
I don't see two coupons help me if it is 10off25.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
I don't see two coupons help me if it is 10off25.
Some of us actually have to eat...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
I bought variable MCs today and no coupon printed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.