Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old May 9, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You need to have a JustForU account (in addition to the usual Club Card). Then, you click on the coupon to electronically add it to your Club Card. (There is no physical coupon.)

Sometimes, the discount doesn't show up at the checkout register. Just walk over to the Customer Service counter and show them your receipt, and they will either give you the cash or a Safeway cash card for the value of the discount.
Where do I get the JustForU account? Is that why I'm getting the error?
Old May 9, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Added.

Thanks for sharing!
Old May 9, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Where do I get the JustForU account? Is that why I'm getting the error?
I phone app
Old May 9, 2013, 4:07 pm

Where do I get the JustForU account?
Google might work.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Thanks guys for sharing this.

I used Amex PRG and so it is effectively 1250 MR (including the 15K bonus for 30K spend) for $500 spend with about $9 cash back. A great deal.

I am thinking one way to scale up is to sign up for more safeway club cards and get $15 for each of those cards. Since these promotions happens frequently, the time spent might be worth it.

Originally Posted by SGJazz
Just left Von's. Thanks for the heads up. Easy money. Too bad there is no way to easily scale this one.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:56 pm

Are there ever any bonus offers for the Amex PRG? I had the gold business one for 50k, but the personal one never has bonus offers.

Originally Posted by rambo

I used Amex PRG and so it is effectively 1250 MR (including the 15K bonus for 30K spend) for $500 spend with about $9 cash back. A great deal.

I am thinking one way to scale up is to sign up for more safeway club cards and get $15 for each of those cards. Since these promotions happens frequently, the time spent might be worth it.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Are there ever any bonus offers for the Amex PRG? I had the gold business one for 50k, but the personal one never has bonus offers.
I just accepted a 50K MR personal PRG offer this Feb.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
The 50K offers comes 2-3 times a year.

Check out the Amex forum frequently and you will find it.

BTW, there is an offer for Bus Gold for 75K now which is a great offer.

Old May 10, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
The 50K offers comes 2-3 times a year.

Check out the Amex forum frequently and you will find it.

BTW, there is an offer for Bus Gold for 75K now which is a great offer.
The links were all pulled, offer for Bus Gold is back down to 50K.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:08 pm

Yes, this is time well spent. I have created Just4U accounts for three members of my household, so I was able to purchase three of these "one-time" gift cards. With a little luck, I will be able to take these cards to WalMart and load them on to my Bluebird. That way, the three cards won't eat up my monthly AP limit.

Anyone have any luck with this?
Old May 10, 2013, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can we limit discussion to the Safeway offer, which has now ended (and replaced by another)?

There are plenty of other threads for general discussion re manufactured spend.
Old May 11, 2013, 2:33 pm

I've linked the offer to my card, but it isn't clear to me if this is $15 off the gift card purchase? Or a coupon off a future order of $X? I read it as15 off the purchase...
Old May 11, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Stubtify
I've linked the offer to my card, but it isn't clear to me if this is $15 off the gift card purchase? Or a coupon off a future order of $X? I read it as15 off the purchase...
$15 will be taken off at the register as long as you use your Von's club number.
Old May 11, 2013, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by SGJazz
$15 will be taken off at the register as long as you use your Von's club number.
Thanks. Driving there right now :P
Old May 11, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
$15 off the register, but it isn't working for many people. I had the offer on my smartphone at the register which the cashier looked at, but he even told me that many people have had problems with it, so he just did an override and manually took the $15 off. So this can end up being used more than once.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.