Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by mile ho
Yes, bought a loaf of bread. No fuel points. I might try a different Tom Thumb tomorrow.
Different Tom Thumb and I got fuel points but still no coupon.. But they printed me one pronto. I'm guessing it's not supposed to but the wording in the ad says I should get one.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:23 pm

Anyone can confirm this with me ???

I am in Dallas, tx. I got a really crazy result!!!!!!!!

1. I just purchased a $500 amex in the self-checkout section.
2. No other item with this purchase.
3. No Coupon Print out, but Get 10 dollar cash from CS.

3. In the receipt : I got 1000 gift card points.
GAS REWARDS AVALIABLE :10.(1 dollar off per gallon on gas!!!!!!)
PS: Before I made this purchase, i only has 33 points in my card. I used my card two weeks ago for gas, so I am sure I do not have any Gas Rewards available before I purchase this Amex Card!!!

IS SYSTEM ERROR ? ?

Sorry
opps. I should get 1000 points ... 100 gas points = 1 Gas reward. ....... But I still not get any updates on my app yet...

Question: So for mastercard and visa card, we also can get points too ? or i need to get something with it?

Last edited by Rongjiang Cheng; Apr 24, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:50 pm

Why are AmEx GC's better than VGC's or MGC's?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Hm I don't think anybody is saying its better, but the fuel points are a nice perk in addition to the coupon/cash this week.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:29 pm

Is this only in certain states? I don't see it in the weekly ad.

Also, does anyone know if J4U is available in Maryland?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Nucstorm
Is this only in certain states? I don't see it in the weekly ad.

Also, does anyone know if J4U is available in Maryland?
Page 5 of the weekly ad.

Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Rongjiang Cheng
Question: So for mastercard and visa card, we also can get points too
Nope, no points even with other groceries
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
I've only experienced VGC and MCGC. Whats the best way to cash out these American Express GC?

Amazon Payments? Buying VGC/MCGC at other stores?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Nope, no points even with other groceries
thanks so much. I will keep rolling the amex gc today in case safeway found out some system error and adjust it....

Hope the cashier will allow me to use the amex gc to roll six times.

So I can get discounted gas for the next 60 days!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
I've only experienced VGC and MCGC. Whats the best way to cash out these American Express GC?

Amazon Payments? Buying VGC/MCGC at other stores?
Evolve bill pay only accepts Visa and MC
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rongjiang Cheng
So I can get discounted gas for the next 60 days!
the next 37 days
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:50 pm

Really don't see the point of buying the $500 AMEX if you don't get a coupon. If you want fuel points it would be simpler to buy a univision and PIN it out. Even if they said cash only for the univision you could pay cash and end up with the same result as buying the AMEX (you are giving up $500 of CC spend if you pay cash for a univision but you effectively do the same thing when you buy the AMEX since the only way to cash out the AMEX is to forego $500 of CC spend).
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
Really don't see the point of buying the $500 AMEX if you don't get a coupon. If you want fuel points it would be simpler to buy a univision and PIN it out. Even if they said cash only for the univision you could pay cash and end up with the same result as buying the AMEX (you are giving up $500 of CC spend if you pay cash for a univision but you effectively do the same thing when you buy the AMEX since the only way to cash out the AMEX is to forego $500 of CC spend).
Good point. AP is probably the only viable option to liquidate AMEX.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. So I need to have a univision prepaid credit card, and then use cash to reload this card with cash at safeway to get points ? Or I can just buy the univision reload packs( i do not know this is exist or not).
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Good point. AP is probably the only viable option to liquidate AMEX.
I found another way to to liquadate , but just need to pay another 6 dollar for target. They have a target visa gift card. I can use the amex to purchase that card. They do not check names. So I did couple times.....Then reload the BB. But looks like the univision is a better choice to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.