Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:18 pm

Is it one per household? Can we scale it up? My BBs need to be fed.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Went to my local Vons to buy a MC but was told cash only. This was the first time for me in any super-market I visited ever since I started buying these cards
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
Bought a variable load MC this morning, coupon printed. $10 off next purchase of $10 or more.
Are you serious? so this works with $500 gc?

Can you load MC on BB at WM. I have drained 100s of visa, but never a MC. Do you get a PIN during activation?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by aegt123
Are you serious? so this works with $500 gc?

Can you load MC on BB at WM. I have drained 100s of visa, but never a MC. Do you get a PIN during activation?
Yes, you should get $10 coupon for buying $500 MC GC. It worked the last time they had this promotion for MC and it still works now. I just tried it today and got a coupon. What I intend to do is to come back later and try again to see if you can get more than 1 coupon per club card account. For the Visa promotion you could, because the language of the offer only excluded variable load, it did not say limit 1 per household like the MC offer.

Safeway's in my area seem to have the policy of cash-only for variable GC's (but CC okay for fixed values). I suspect this is a policy from the district. However, this is enforced loosely. In one store, the store manager is okay with me buying a variable GC using a credit card, but the assistant manager always said no. Funny.... But over time I kinda learned who would allow CC purchase and what time they usually work so the problem is mitigated somewhat.

You can use the MC to load BB at WM. It's a bit tricky because you have to hit change payment type to debit on your screen (not the cashier's screen). It's a bit more painful, but it can be done. You get a PIN by calling the 1 866 952 5653 number.

Another nice thing is that this coupon should work automatically (based on past experience of the previous time they ran this promotion), unlike the $10 visa coupon
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:32 pm

Safeway/VONS - $10 off coupon w/ $100 Mastercard Gift Cards 3/24-4/20/2013

Thanks for the quick response. Hope this works out for me as u explained.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks for the quick response. Hope this works out for me as u explained.
There are a couple different versions of the Variable MC. Try to stay away from the ones that has the word "Celebrate" on it. I personally used these cards just fine but many people reported problems using them.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:13 pm

Yes, Variable load (up to $500) worked for me. I loaded for less to pay a bill that only accepts visa/mc. I hope they allow more than one per club card!

If we can get more than 1 per club account I'd actually prefer 5x$100. That nets 5 $10 off coupons. Total outlay is 5.95x5=$29.75 for $50 in "free" groceries, or a net gain of $20.25. I have shifted a lot of my shopping their way in the last few weeks, all broken up into nice, neat $10 orders.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
If we can get more than 1 per club account I'd actually prefer 5x$100. That nets 5 $10 off coupons. Total outlay is 5.95x5=$29.75 for $50 in "free" groceries, or a net gain of $20.25. I have shifted a lot of my shopping their way in the last few weeks, all broken up into nice, neat $10 orders.
I am really only interested in manufactured spend. My plan is to sell these $10 coupons at $6 that way there is no out of pocket spend.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:40 pm
jmw

Anyone figure out a pattern to get the $10 coupon to ring up properly other than to spend $30+? Following the normal rules like no dairy, no booze, no CRV, etc. does not work.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:05 pm

Bought two (2) $500 variable MC within a span of 5 minutes and got the $10 off coupon both the times.

Was able to set the PIN as vtqanh described above, but I wasn't able to load it on BB even using the method described below. I was able to get MOs though again after quickly hitting change payment type.

I am going to try loading on BB again in next couple of days as well try paying my CC at WM using the cards. Will update when I more info.
Originally Posted by vtqanh

You can use the MC to load BB at WM. It's a bit tricky because you have to hit change payment type to debit on your screen (not the cashier's screen). It's a bit more painful, but it can be done. You get a PIN by calling the 1 866 952 5653 number.
Works on pretty much everything. Bought some veggies and yogurt and it worked perfectly.

Originally Posted by jmw
Anyone figure out a pattern to get the $10 coupon to ring up properly other than to spend $30+? Following the normal rules like no dairy, no booze, no CRV, etc. does not work.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Rant: Why is the title of this thread still for 3/24-4/20/2013 when people are reporting new offers past this date??!

suggestion, why not just omit the dates?

Anyways, chicago's version of safeway is called dominicks, and today by chance I went shopping for a specific product only found here and saw a big sign that today was the last day of the visa gift card promo, buy $100, get $10 back in store coupon for your next purchase. I was mad that I did not find about this before (last time I got a bit carried away) but was able to buy at two different stores, a $500 visa gc. I specifically asked customer service, they said, all is good. At register did not work. One store gave me $10 store gift card, other gave me $10 cash.
i think doing a ton of the 100's, though a better net deal, attracts too much attention and makes liquidation a PITA. since credit cards for visa/mc gift cards is pretty iffy with safeway, i prefer not to have a reason to look at me more than they already do with all my purchases. that, and so many similar transactions on my credit cards. there are a lot already, 5x as many and it seems too much- for me anyway.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by jmw
The coupon from the Visa deal will not work properly unless the order is $25 or more (without dairy, alcohol, blah blah). Fortunately, the coupon does not say anything about it, that is why we've been able to get them manually taken off by cashiers.
The coupon from the MC deal should work automatically if the order is > $10
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:16 am

Bought two (2) $500 variable MC within a span of 5 minutes and got the $10 off coupon both the times.

Was able to set the PIN as vtqanh described above, but I wasn't able to load it on BB even using the method described below. I was able to get MOs though again after quickly hitting change payment type.

I am going to try loading on BB again in next couple of days as well try paying my CC at WM using the cards. Will update when I more info.

Works on pretty much everything. Bought some veggies and yogurt and it worked perfectly.
Did you use the same club card account? Or did you not enter any club card at all?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:40 am

that's surprising to me if you used the same club card. i figured after the # of $10 coupons many of us got with the visa deal, that safeway added the limit to stop this. perhaps they did, but the IT dept isn't keeping up with their plan...
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by vtqanh
Did you use the same club card account? Or did you not enter any club card at all?
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
that's surprising to me if you used the same club card. i figured after the # of $10 coupons many of us got with the visa deal, that safeway added the limit to stop this. perhaps they did, but the IT dept isn't keeping up with their plan...
same account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.