Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Does anyone know if your TomThumb number will work at Safeway in California?

I live in Dallas but will be travelling to the Bay area later next week before the current deal is over.

Thanks.
Yes, they all work everywhere. I've used TT in SoCal, Vons in Dallas, Vons in Chicago, Safeway in SoCal, Vons in Denver, etc
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Yes, they all work everywhere. I've used TT in SoCal, Vons in Dallas, Vons in Chicago, Safeway in SoCal, Vons in Denver, etc
Thanks. I didn't even know there are Vons in Dallas.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Thanks. I didn't even know there are Vons in Dallas.
Sorry, meant I used my TT number in SoCal, Vons number in Dallas, etc. Any club card number from any store in the family can be used at any store in the family IME
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:53 pm

Summertime Savings offer is back. . Offer valid 7/17 to 8/13.

This time restrictions says..Limit 1 offer per Household.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by aegt123
Summertime Savings offer is back. . Offer valid 7/17 to 8/13.

This time restrictions says..Limit 1 offer per Household.
And it says "Must be purchased with Club Card". Don't know if they program this into giving out the coupon once per club card
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
It doesn't say anything about excluding variable load mastercards. I will try to get 2 $500 mastercards tomorrow and give an update.

Originally Posted by vtqanh
And it says "Must be purchased with Club Card". Don't know if they program this into giving out the coupon once per club card
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by rambo
It doesn't say anything about excluding variable load mastercards. I will try to get 2 $500 mastercards tomorrow and give an update.
The sign in my store says specifically excludes variable load cards, or any less than $100 (so either $100 OR $200). I bought 2 $500 cards yesterday and did NOT get the $10 coupon, causing me to go back and read the small print.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:45 pm

Too bad we're back to the $10 off the next trip. Not as useful (but not useless). Hopefully that means they'll cycle back to the 10 or 15 directly off the purchase.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Rant: Why is the title of this thread still for 3/24-4/20/2013 when people are reporting new offers past this date??!

suggestion, why not just omit the dates?

Anyways, chicago's version of safeway is called dominicks, and today by chance I went shopping for a specific product only found here and saw a big sign that today was the last day of the visa gift card promo, buy $100, get $10 back in store coupon for your next purchase. I was mad that I did not find about this before (last time I got a bit carried away) but was able to buy at two different stores, a $500 visa gc. I specifically asked customer service, they said, all is good. At register did not work. One store gave me $10 store gift card, other gave me $10 cash.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bender464
The sign in my store says specifically excludes variable load cards, or any less than $100 (so either $100 OR $200). I bought 2 $500 cards yesterday and did NOT get the $10 coupon, causing me to go back and read the small print.
Thanks

Originally Posted by rambo
The new deal starts tomorrow. I doubt it is going to be any different from the one that ended today.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Bender464
The promotion for mastercard does not start until tomorrow. The visa one does not allow variable GC's
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Rant: Why is the title of this thread still for 3/24-4/20/2013 when people are reporting new offers past this date??!

suggestion, why not just omit the dates?

Anyways, chicago's version of safeway is called dominicks, and today by chance I went shopping for a specific product only found here and saw a big sign that today was the last day of the visa gift card promo, buy $100, get $10 back in store coupon for your next purchase. I was mad that I did not find about this before (last time I got a bit carried away) but was able to buy at two different stores, a $500 visa gc. I specifically asked customer service, they said, all is good. At register did not work. One store gave me $10 store gift card, other gave me $10 cash.
Been doing that for past month at Dominicks a lot It has its glitches like coupon not printing or showing 1 cent value at redemption but nothing that customer service couldn't resolve ^

Good to know its back!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:20 am

Just in time for my trip to Chicago this weekend. Wife and I are still trying to eat the $700 in free groceries we earned at Meijer.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Been doing that for past month at Dominicks a lot It has its glitches like coupon not printing or showing 1 cent value at redemption but nothing that customer service couldn't resolve ^
Agreed. I have a whole bunch of these after a last-couple-of-days run, and the cashiers were very helpful and accomodating to my request to run 'em as separate transactions.

And when i came back and tried to use the one of the coupons immediately on some groceries, she remarked, "Yeah, these almost never work automatically."
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:44 am

Bought a variable load MC this morning, coupon printed. $10 off next purchase of $10 or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.