Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Should I still buy Vanilla Reload card to load Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I still buy Vanilla Reload card to load Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by brianjb
Hi everyone!

I have searched, but I can't find the meaning of these two terms:

OD

bean packs

Can anyone help me out?
OD should be office depot
Bean packs might be vanilla reload card
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by lacuadra
Maybe he is young and has a steel-strength back. I cant fathom a trip to Hong Kong in coach. No way

( but CX J is fine )
Connecting through HKG for the 4th time in coach this year from ORD....not bad at all actually....I find 1st is highly overated considering I can take 2+ trips for same cost in miles as someone flying J.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
Do we have anyone who can buy Vanilla Reload with Credit Card in Los Angeles area? I tried 7-11, CVS, and Office Depot. None of them accept credit card for VR Purchase.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LAKnight
Do we have anyone who can buy Vanilla Reload with Credit Card in Los Angeles area? I tried 7-11, CVS, and Office Depot. None of them accept credit card for VR Purchase.
try CVS there are tons of them that accept credit cards for purchase of vanilla reload. the los angeles area is huge and you may find variation within it, you might need to be more specefic
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
try CVS there are tons of them that accept credit cards for purchase of vanilla reload. the los angeles area is huge and you may find variation within it, you might need to be more specefic
I only found 1 CVS (located in Olive Blvd, Burbank) that carries VR card. However, the store doesn't take credit card...

I am open to any suggestion.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by brianjb
Hi everyone!

I have searched, but I can't find the meaning of these two terms:

OD

bean packs

Can anyone help me out?
OD = Office Depot
bean packs = Vanilla reloads
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:32 pm

I only found 1 CVS (located in Olive Blvd, Burbank) that carries VR card. However, the store doesn't take credit card...

I am open to any suggestion.
The CVS on Sierra Madre in Pasadena has plenty of VR, but they dont take credit card either.....
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by golf7
Got a list of gas stations that will allow you to buy with CC? I have been denied with CC at all gas stations in my area that sell the VR
In Texas, I've had success at Vale ro.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Can anyone comment on the availability of VR using credit card in Nashville TN or Louisville KY? Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by nadine106
The CVS on Sierra Madre in Pasadena has plenty of VR, but they dont take credit card either.....
Thank you Nadine106. I tried CVS in Alhambra yesterday. The staff was not willing to take credit card in the beginning, and she showed me her register screen stating that customers should pay gift card with cash. The staff even said that she did that for me "ONE" last time. (Well, I purchased the last VR card in that store as well. )

However, she still took my credit card and my card was activated.

Do we have anyone tried "Family Dollar" store on buying VR with credit card?

http://www.familydollar.com/pages/home.aspx

Overall, CVS is considered drug store, and not many credit cards offer category bonus in drug store.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:19 pm

Has anyone tried buying some beans at Staples?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chunkalunk
Has anyone tried buying some beans at Staples?
My Staples don't sell VR, but you can buy low limit visa/mc gift cards with CC no problem. Great when AMEX Sync offers are around or store promos!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Do we have anyone tried "Family Dollar" store on buying VR with credit card?

http://www.familydollar.com/pages/home.aspx

Overall, CVS is considered drug store, and not many credit cards offer category bonus in drug store.
Family Dollar and Dollar General are both hard coded not to sell any VR or GC with a CC.Dont waste your time & effort

Best you can do is find some other CVs that will sell with a CC. In SoCal its hit or miss depending on the make-up of the area. But the % is in your favor that the CV will sell them if they have them
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Chicago really sucks on beans! V difficult to find beans in the city and traffic to 'burbs does not justify regular trips out there. VII-XIs are super strict bat cash only as well.

OTOH, DC/MD was a gold mine.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Chicago really sucks on beans! V difficult to find beans in the city and traffic to 'burbs does not justify regular trips out there. VII-XIs are super strict bat cash only as well.

OTOH, DC/MD was a gold mine.
Have you had any luck finding VRs in the Chicago area. I work in the loop and live on the Northwest Side and am having a heck of a time finding a retailer that will accept a CC for VR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.