Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Hitler Rips Cary Chaney Video plus today's short recap of VR availability (or lack of thereof).
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UAmileage+,SkyMiles,Avios
Eventually it will be nationwide. I am sure CVS will see less traffic and more prescription transfer out too. I pickup my med every moths at CVS because it's convenience to pickup some beans at the same time, but CVS is the most expensive drug store after I compare all drug store nearby, I will transfer to either costco or walmart after they stop selling bean with CC.

Originally Posted by Red259
Has everyone finally accepted the fact that this is not regional?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Success loading Serve in Tampa Bay. however, that store was out of VRs. Cashier mentioned that she just saw the email that it starts cash only on the 4th.

So now I am mad at myself for not checking yesterday AND for not paying down the balances on my 2 5x CCs. Had to settle for 2x. (We had a busy Sunday lol).
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by all168
Eventually it will be nationwide. I am sure CVS will see less traffic and more prescription transfer out too. I pickup my med every moths at CVS because it's convenience to pickup some beans at the same time, but CVS is the most expensive drug store after I compare all drug store nearby, I will transfer to either costco or walmart after they stop selling bean with CC.
That is very interesting. I hadn't thought about this angle.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Originally Posted by babycakes01
Would you mind sharing some of the questions that were asked? That would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Income from last two years, where does it come from, and then some personal questions.

The surprise was at that credit limit.......and NO balance. Told them I was insulted and felt harrassed after being with them since 1996 and in the past have spend much more money on that card with airfare (business class) and hotels. Also, told them, I check my account every day (true), sometimes several times a day. Even though they are trying to "protect" my account......I do not want those calls. Oh well, tough job spending money, but someone has to do it!!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by sam_goh
About to fly back into the US and spend the night in Miami. There's a CVS 0.5 miles away from the Hyatt house airport. May take the walk tonight and hope that it's still kicking. Bad time to leave the country, would have loaded up.
If you score....don't get mugged on the way back to the Hyatt H...the evil doers may have the local CVS staked out looking for heavy hitters carrying a gunny bag full of beans.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Red259
Has everyone finally accepted the fact that this is not regional?
No. My store still sells them with CC. I'll believe it isn't regional when my store says "no soup for u!" Till then, I'm Doubting Thomas.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:17 pm

Any appetite for shortening the wiki at this point?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:17 pm

To all the people that think it's not nationwide, don't bother posting your data point stating it's now cash only
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zenride
It's NOT a guess...
each and every MS method will come to an end based on a very scientific formula that is based on the number of times it's mentioned.

I'm not foolish enough to post the formula here...
but you can rest assured I will be keeping close track of all the popular MS methods and will let you know the day before the next one dies.

Then you will see for yourself!
I just hope you don't misplace a decimal.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by steppie
Income from last two years, where does it come from, and then some personal questions.
That sounds more like a financial review, vs. a fraud alert. Or phishing. Please don't tell me they asked for your SSN.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by zenride
It's NOT a guess...
each and every MS method will come to an end based on a very scientific formula that is based on the number of times it's mentioned.

I'm not foolish enough to post the formula here...
but you can rest assured I will be keeping close track of all the popular MS methods and will let you know the day before the next one dies.

Then you will see for yourself!
Is this you, figuring it out?

Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:25 pm

To my surprise, scored $5K in Bay Area just now. No mention of memo or change.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
Hitler Rips Cary Chaney Video plus today's short recap of VR availability (or lack of thereof).
Thanks! I enjoyed the video, especially Cary's complaining about "you people."
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:40 pm

CVS master thread

Florida east coast between WPB and Vero no problem with Serve or VR at one store tried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.