Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a very high prescription deductible, this is crampin' my daily meds refill
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by amolkold
I have a very high prescription deductible, this is crampin' my daily meds refill

Some of my cancer meds cost alot of $$ but I only pay $10/$20 copays at the pharmacy.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:54 pm

ambilify 20mg costs about that =x
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
i just bought 1k each on 2 cards in one go. The guy just looked at me strange - i was like yeah - i fill prepaid cards and give them to my contractors, that way i can keep tabs on the expenses.

I have noticed the younger lot dont care one bit....And i always use the express checkout.

If you guys didnt have this limit - how much would you charge realistically weekly? I am trying to play the 'slow and steady' game - 1k - 2k per card per month.

Last edited by arsenalman; Mar 19, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
my local CVS has always been 1k/day also
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:32 pm

On my way back from the airport after a late-night flight, I went in to a 24-hour CVS at 11:55pm, bought 2 VRs ... I asked the clerk who had previously said on another visit "$1K/day" when the day started/ended and he said midnight, so I then waited 5 more minutes for midnight and bought 2 VRs again. The clerk told me I was done for that 2nd day ... (little does he know I returned that afternoon for another helping )
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:39 pm

Anyone ever tipped for a cool employee? just sayin
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
On my way back from the airport after a late-night flight, I went in to a 24-hour CVS at 11:55pm, bought 2 VRs ... I asked the clerk who had previously said on another visit "$1K/day" when the day started/ended and he said midnight, so I then waited 5 more minutes for midnight and bought 2 VRs again. The clerk told me I was done for that 2nd day ... (little does he know I returned that afternoon for another helping )
hahaha - thats awesome.
Isnt that a lot of spending for one card?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:43 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
he may be putting it on the amex for 6x and doesnt care about FR
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman
hahaha - thats awesome.
Isnt that a lot of spending for one card?
This was a few months ago, but they were likely on separate cards (I was meeting spend on 6 cards simultaneously).

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
he may be putting it on the amex for 6x and doesnt care about FR
I stopped using that Amex, 6x HH isn't that great when it's akin to 2 cents each. But I do use my Delta Amex for MQMs, although I put more non-manufactured spend than manufactured spend on that card just so I don't attract the ire of Amex.

Last edited by amolkold; Mar 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:22 pm
Suspended

CVS here is now logging names to prevent multiple visits
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:08 pm

I'm glad to know not ALL CVS' are doing what they are supposed to.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
CVS here is now logging names to prevent multiple visits
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:45 pm

I've always bought 2k in beans each time I go there. I tell the cashier that it has to be done 1k for each transaction. I've never had a problem and this is at 4 different locations. My latest purchase was today.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by rajin
And cash it out through Cyberrebate.
But what do I do with all my paper certificate shares of Cyberrebate Toys.com and Worldcomm ?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:16 pm

The CVS a couple miles from my house explained the $1K a day rule to me so I just go with it, even at the CVS a 1/4 mile away. I can't load more than $2K a day anyway, with two cards, so no biggie. If I need to I just go twice a day and hit different cashiers or hit both stores. The cashiers don't seem to care, they just sometimes verify that I want $500 per, 'cause you know, that is a lot. Whatever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.