Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club (Gold); BAEC (Blue)
Talking

Originally Posted by flood
Generally I seem to see more in Boots than Tesco. Not sure if that's other peeps getting in quickly and clearing Tesco stocks, or actual stocking levels..
Loads round here in T at the moment - its the £50 GSI that I'm struggling to find now. Someone has been taking advantage of HH I think
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chfshifter
I've been looking for 3V cards and I don't see them anywhere in London the past month. Has Tesco stopped restocking them or is it just me having bad luck...?
Sounds more like bad luck. Ever since the end of NS&I I have consitently seen multiple full pegs of them in various Tesco stores in Leeds. Last night I was in Leeds Seacroft store and there were 6 full pegs of them so it certainly doesn't seem that Tesco have stopped stocking them.

EDIT: maybe just a temporary lack of supply in London?

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 25, 2014 at 3:09 am
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG GO
Hmmm...probably bad luck on my end then. I have been to a few Tesco Metro/Superstore/Extra and still have no luck finding one...=/ (even at places like South Quay where people have reported seeing 3V cards on multiple occasions)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
The only place I regularly see them is in the Brent Extra store. Though they also pull the "you can only buy £50 worth and only pay in cash" stunt, though that could just be me.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ThePlumber
Loads round here in T at the moment - its the £50 GSI that I'm struggling to find now. Someone has been taking advantage of HH I think
GSI?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club (Gold); BAEC (Blue)
Originally Posted by Stripy
GSI?
GoSpendIt
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ThePlumber
GoSpendIt
Ahhhh....thank you ^
Old May 1, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
Just a quick datapoint: I was sent six week`s worth of Sainsbob`s ten pounds off fifty quid vouchers. Thought I`d try to use the Visa Vanilla GBP50 + GBP3.95 pre-paid card to bring my spend over the fifty and add in a few groceries for cover. However, when it came to the using the voucher it wouldn`t work on the gift card- unlike in Tee, for example. Shame as it would have otherwise netted a small profit.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Caciucco
Just a quick datapoint: I was sent six week`s worth of Sainsbob`s ten pounds off fifty quid vouchers. Thought I`d try to use the Visa Vanilla GBP50 + GBP3.95 pre-paid card to bring my spend over the fifty and add in a few groceries for cover. However, when it came to the using the voucher it wouldn`t work on the gift card- unlike in Tee, for example. Shame as it would have otherwise netted a small profit.
The till did not accept the money off coupon or the person behind the till?
Old May 2, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: A Club Plat, IHG Plat, CC Gold, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by Caciucco
Doesn't surprise me. Sains' IT seems to be a lot better than T's. For instance I tried using a bonus points voucher on the Vanillas before and it didn't work - the operator called supervisor who manually added the points to my nectar. I think they didn't understand why it wasn't working - neither did I at the time, being used to shopping for GCs at T - I thought it might be due to the voucher having been issued to a different Nectar. Afaik you can still earn base points, though this does little to offset the fee.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
Hi, yes it was the tills. Seems like their IT system is more clued up as it flagged it up to the operator by the very fact that it wouldn`t take the money off even if I went over the spend. Another route stymied, but have yet to try a few of the other cards they have. Fingers crossed...
Old May 6, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Tesco Blue
Is 3V through iZettle still a valid manufactured spend route?
Old May 6, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by StephenC
Is 3V through iZettle still a valid manufactured spend route?
It's not an overly successful one.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by flashware
It's not an overly successful one.
Anything better at this point in time? Sadly I missed out on the NS&I. I just got Amex Gold and may want to do a bit of MS to reach the £2000 spend if I find myself short by the third month.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by StephenC
Anything better at this point in time? Sadly I missed out on the NS&I. I just got Amex Gold and may want to do a bit of MS to reach the £2000 spend if I find myself short by the third month.
The consensus is that there are a few ways, but nothing that is shared on here.

Do you have any bills you can prepay and/or ask for a refund? Council Tax, Internet, Electricity/Gas etc. are often a route for doing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.