Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
Are there any opportunities with the Supercard from travelex? Cash withdrawals seem to be treated as purchases. UK withdrawals are charged £2 per £250 but that's only £8 for £1000 of spend
That will depend on your rate of return on purchases on the settlement card. You can't settle with Amex.

Note you are limited to £20 k spend per year, so it is a finite opportunity.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:05 am

Are there any opportunities with the Supercard from travelex? Cash withdrawals seem to be treated as purchases. UK withdrawals are charged £2 per £250 but that's only £8 for £1000 of spend
Note there are limits on a daily / monthly basis so whilst it's good from that side there are limitations around what you can do and it's not an overly high amount.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Note there are limits on a daily / monthly basis so whilst it's good from that side there are limitations around what you can do and it's not an overly high amount.
You can find some of the specifics on Raffle's blog post today: http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/06...lex-supercard/
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flashware
You can find some of the specifics on Raffle's blog post today: http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/06...lex-supercard/
I didn't think you were a subscriber
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I didn't think you were a subscriber
RSS is a wonderful invention
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Quote:

That will depend on your rate of return on purchases on the settlement card. You can't settle with Amex.

Note you are limited to £20 k spend per year, so it is a finite opportunity.
Aye, but say you needed £2000 on a Visa card like the etihad card to trigger a bonus, £16 over a week isn't bad going?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aye, but say you needed £2000 on a Visa card like the etihad card to trigger a bonus, £16 over a week isn't bad going?
^ Yes indeed it could be.

Just saying that, if anyone had thought there was a way here to generate Avios, on a "serious" rolling basis, the £20k limit per month (and per annum) will quickly put a stop to that.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Doesn't seem to have been mentioned here.......Tesco 3V purchases.....Flossie on the till needs to wait until the customer display says "ITEMS #" before putting the next card through, otherwise one/all/most will reject.

And a question......is it possible to "liberate" 3V cards from say Homebase and pay/activate them in Tescos? And as they have no value until activated and paid for, would it be regarded as shoplifting?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Froggitt
And as they have no value until activated and paid for, would it be regarded as shoplifting?

The card has no monetary value - it still has a value. So yes, it would be theft - don't do it!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold

And a question......is it possible to "liberate" 3V cards from say Homebase and pay/activate them in Tescos? And as they have no value until activated and paid for, would it be regarded as shoplifting?
Try explaining that to the copper who nicks you with a pocket full of £25 vouchers.

"Oh officer, i was taking them to top up down the road..."
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:20 am

Mmmmm that was the flaw I also saw in the otherwise sound plan. For a while I equated them with the cardboard boxes Sainsbury leave for people to take shopping away with them. Maybe I could do a swap.....leaving them with a bunch of Tesco Visa cards.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:47 am

Doesn't seem to have been mentioned here.......Tesco 3V purchases.....Flossie on the till needs to wait until the customer display says "ITEMS #" before putting the next card through, otherwise one/all/most will reject.

Nice idea but it's shoplifting. Sounds like you can't find any either! I have to drive miles to find them and it almost not worth the fuel to get them but at least the rotating method is zero cost and the fuel save helps. Just wish I could find them local ish.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:30 am

rotating method? sounds like something the Pope would approve of.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:14 am

rotating method? sounds like something the Pope would approve of.
DELETED

Last edited by steve1975l; Jun 18, 2015 at 5:00 am
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:18 pm

If the rotating method is what I think it is you need to be careful. I got blocked after just three cards - and a long chat with the anti-fraud dept to get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.