Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Anyone having issues with Santander Billpay not taking 3Vs today?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
For which merchant specifically? I've found that sometimes the best way around that is rather than using the merchants site, do it directly via Santander Billpay.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
It has worked fine for me tonight paying £175 of council tax.

Not sure I understood Flashware's comments.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Quick 3V question - when paying local authority (e.g. Council tax) bills that are > £25, is the technique to make multiple £25 transactions until you've reached the desired value, or is there another/better way?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by FastTrak2Elite
Quick 3V question - when paying local authority (e.g. Council tax) bills that are > £25, is the technique to make multiple £25 transactions until you've reached the desired value, or is there another/better way?
That's about the long and short of it. Other way is to consolidate 3V cards, but that will cost.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
That's about the long and short of it. Other way is to consolidate 3V cards, but that will cost.
Great! Thanks flashware. Lots of copy/pasting coming up I think
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:33 am

Hi all,

Well that took a while to wade through... 103 pages in four days.

Anyways, new to this and looking into possible ways to approach MS. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some input.

Always nice to offer a potential method though, I think, in order to ingratiate yourself in a community. I noticed a lot of people discussing a the 'iZ*****' credit card processor. SumUp may actually be better as it has lower rates, and you can do it through a smartphone app rather than a terminal. Worth a look for some maybe? It's a little on the pricey side for me though.

Anyway, hopefully we can help each other out.

Tom
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by northernsoul
Hi all,

Well that took a while to wade through... 103 pages in four days.

Anyways, new to this and looking into possible ways to approach MS. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some input.

Always nice to offer a potential method though, I think, in order to ingratiate yourself in a community. I noticed a lot of people discussing a the 'iZ*****' credit card processor. SumUp may actually be better as it has lower rates, and you can do it through a smartphone app rather than a terminal. Worth a look for some maybe? It's a little on the pricey side for me though.

Tom
The rates are between 1.5%-2.75%. Goal is to try to get that down to 0% if possible.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by eshaq786
The rates are between 1.5%-2.75%. Goal is to try to get that down to 0% if possible.
Oh I appreciate that... and I may have managed it. Just needs some extended testing with regards to scalability, and whether an influx of people might ruin it... if it does work (and I think it might) we're talking NS&I all over again :-)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Oh I appreciate that... and I may have managed it. Just needs some extended testing with regards to scalability, and whether an influx of people might ruin it... if it does work (and I think it might) we're talking NS&I all over again :-)
Expect an influx of emails very soon!
Do not give your secret away otherwise you can guarantee it will end up the same was NS&I went
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Tesco Blue
SumUp doesn't take 3V's though?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by StephenC
SumUp doesn't take 3V's though?
That's useful to know. The method I'm exploring doesn't use SumUp - I already discounted that on the grounds of it being too expensive!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Hi all,

Tom
You will get shut down within 2-3 weeks unless you can mix with legitimate business use. It flags a report of too many "same" card providers. They will freeze your account but you will get your money if you are honest about your actions, but they will shut your account and you will lose any money you spent on the machine.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hi everyone, first time poster here. Just stumbled upon this site last week and heard of this idea of manufacturing spend and got really intrigued lol.

I've tested a method and it works but currently it involves paying £40 for 9,200 avios. Thats 0.43p per avios which isn't great imo. What do people think of earning at this rate? To be honest, I'll be converting clubcard to virgin airmiles and then to hilton as I prefer spending money on hotels rather than first class fares but is this a decent earning rate?

After spending quite a while thinking, I now believe I've found a method which would get me 9,200 avios per £1,000 spend whilst actually making a £20-30 profit so will be testing that soon. It's the same thing but involves another step saving a decent amount. Best part is that I went to my local Tesco a few days ago and they had hundreds of 3V cards.

Thanks to everyone for discussing this in good detail as I literally had no clue what MS was a week ago. I think if you read this thread properly, there is some excellent advice out there.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by cron7
Hi everyone, first time poster here. Just stumbled upon this site last week and heard of this idea of manufacturing spend and got really intrigued lol.

I've tested a method and it works but currently it involves paying £40 for 9,200 avios. Thats 0.43p per avios which isn't great imo. What do people think of earning at this rate? To be honest, I'll be converting clubcard to virgin airmiles and then to hilton as I prefer spending money on hotels rather than first class fares but is this a decent earning rate?

After spending quite a while thinking, I now believe I've found a method which would get me 9,200 avios per £1,000 spend whilst actually making a £20-30 profit so will be testing that soon. It's the same thing but involves another step saving a decent amount. Best part is that I went to my local Tesco a few days ago and they had hundreds of 3V cards.

Thanks to everyone for discussing this in good detail as I literally had no clue what MS was a week ago. I think if you read this thread properly, there is some excellent advice out there.
Assuming you are intending to buy 3v cards in Tesco you should be able to get 16,800 avios for £1000 spend up 31/12/14 if you use the 100 point vouchers in the magazine. Plus whatever rate you earn for your credit card spend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.