Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Trying to diversify my bean spend and was curious on reports of other bean vendors which accept credit. The bean webpage has all sorts of locations but here in the New England corridor seems like only a few gas stations are in play. Anyone successfully buy beans at gas stations or anywhere else?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:59 am

I checked a few Valero's...the didn't carry any gift cards that I could see, much less da beans!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I checked a few Valero's...the didn't carry any gift cards that I could see, much less da beans!
Yeah, I've had the same luck at Valero. Also haven't found them at any 7-Elevens.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:05 am

Charlie Victor Sierra is big in CT, which is part of New England.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:10 am

Here's my thinking -- as soon as the medicine gets shut down (and it certainly will), the locations that you're asking about are (which have far less capacity than Charlie Victor Sierra) are going to be in high demand and short supply. My recommendation is to do your own research and keep quiet about it -- we don't need more broadcasts.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AmEX Platinum, HYATT - Diamond, SPG - Gold, HILTON - Gold, IHG - Platinum,
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Here's my thinking -- as soon as the medicine gets shut down (and it certainly will), the locations that you're asking about are (which have far less capacity than Charlie Victor Sierra) are going to be in high demand and short supply. My recommendation is to do your own research and keep quiet about it -- we don't need more broadcasts.
I second that .. I bought bean from 7 diff NON drugstore locations last night .. only 1 asked for ID.. do your research... think gas stations and regional supermarkets
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I think this is highly dependent on what part of the country you're in. I know I've seen reports of a few non-pharmacy outlets for beans in other parts of the country, but none of those outlets exist within 800 miles of me. I've spent more than a little time looking for functioning bean outlets here and turned up none whatsoever.

I do think it's worth doing your own research, so I make it a habit of exploring odd-ball stores and checking out their racks when I'm out and about. Results have not been terribly fruitful, but I have come across a couple small, mildly interesting items. Nothing to get real excited about though.

Still, the pursuit is what makes the hunt interesting.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I think this is highly dependent on what part of the country you're in.
This. Some people are certainly better situated than others and in this regard it may be more fruitful to live in Podunk.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by winner88
I second that .. I bought bean from 7 diff NON drugstore locations last night .. only 1 asked for ID.. do your research... think gas stations and regional supermarkets
And I like the part of the country you are in...my CVS's are starting to dry up a little bit, time for a little road trip around the area tonight for some testing.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I have had very good luck at other merchants besides cvs
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
I have had very good luck at other merchants besides cvs
and which are those merchants? can you pm me?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:10 pm

Anyone try or have any luck at flash foods gas stations? I am going to try one close to the house tomorrow .. Just thought i would ask as i did not realize until this thread popped up to even think about looking elsewhere.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:29 pm

The dollar stores have worked wonders! Let's be discreet about this. Please don't tell anyone.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:38 pm

The list of stores is on the Vanilla Reloads web page. Seriously...just try them out for yourself and see which ones work.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
The list of stores is on the Vanilla Reloads web page. Seriously...just try them out for yourself and see which ones work.
Wow great advice... I plan on it .. but whats the harm in asking if someone has had an experience with a certain store. I guess cvs is the only store that is acceptable to be talked about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.