Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by goober153
anyone think of just buying gift cards? And any luck with that? little less convenient to liquidate, but more accessible at most gas stations. granted they accept credit cards.
I used to buy gift cards at Shell before the strategy of icecream@-4 came into play.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goober153
anyone think of just buying gift cards? And any luck with that? little less convenient to liquidate, but more accessible at most gas stations. granted they accept credit cards.
Just have to go to your fave WM and use the Kiosk (if they have one or if it's up and running) or go to customer service desk and have them help you load it. Not a problem for me, I'm tired of trying to find the bean..
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:06 am

Does discover card post 7-11 (non-gas stations) spending as "gas purchases" like Chase Freedom (visa) does?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Achilles
Does discover card post 7-11 (non-gas stations) spending as "gas purchases" like Chase Freedom (visa) does?
Yes it does
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:07 am

Anyone having any luck buying VRs at 7-11s in the Austin, TX area? Three stores I've been going to stopped taking CC
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
So if Incomm helped you resolve the problem that they admitted was their fault, what are you going to gain by saying "aha I told you so" to the store employee and manager besides risking a chance for them to refuse to deal with you all together?
Please reread my post, I was never interested in saying "I told you so", was more interested in whether they would allow me to continue to purchase more in my weekly purchase run to the store. IMO, kindness in NYC gets you further than giving people a hard time (especially at retail establishments where the training is lacking and the employee's authority is non-existent).

Update - the same employee did allow me to purchase more ($6K more) without question or incident.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Not sure what has happened since last week, but entered my Valero gas station to haul home some cards and was told cash only, and shown the policy statement now attached to their cc reader so all clerks on all shifts will see it. Pretty sure the deal is dead in my neck of the woods now since Valero was the last reliable option, and even then, it depended on which location I went to. (If anyone in Central FL is having any luck, please advise. Thx.)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
no more grocery stores with VR's?

here in north texas area, several Albertsons and Krogers locations recently stopped taking credit card as payment method for VR's.

I'm trying to find more locations to see if this is a wide spread thing or not.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by theTrotter
here in north texas area, several Albertsons and Krogers locations recently stopped taking credit card as payment method for VR's.

Your Albertsons and Krogers sold VRs? I've never seen them in either store.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:25 pm

Are you sure you're not talking about Debit VGCs?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
My Lucky Supermarket (Albertsons) has had VRs for a while, but all variable load cards have always been cash only.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Lucky guy that your stores had VRs...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:35 am

So is anyone still able to buy VRs at negative four? I haven't yet been back to some stores that worked as of about a month ago, and I'm wondering if it's even worth trying those stores again.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
So is anyone still able to buy VRs at negative four? I haven't yet been back to some stores that worked as of about a month ago, and I'm wondering if it's even worth trying those stores again.
May not be worth your time.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
HEB sells them, too. A cashier let me try to buy them with a cc but it wouldn't work. Made 3 different attempts, same results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.